Results of My 5K Race

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Re: Results of My 5K Race

Postby S4Blade » Mon May 19, '14, 2:10 am

Well I had my follow up 5K race today. The hospital I work at has a fund raising 5K race every year, and it was today. Last year I took third in my age group and I was hoping to take first this year. This was also a much bigger race than the last 5K I ran in a few weeks ago.

However, it got off to a rocky start. I showed up a bit late, and when the starting area was in my sights, they fired the pistol and the race began!!! I was about 500 feet behind everyone, so I immediately started sprinting to catch up to everyone, but I ran into my next problem: The people that walk the 5K utilize the same course that the runners do. So I had to bob and weave around all of the people walking and socializing with one another to try to get to the front where the actual runners were.

After getting past most of the walkers, I was then able to set my pace, and start my run, which at this point is a little off, since I started out the race in a full sprint to catch up to the crowd, and I had zero time to warm up or stretch.

Luckily it didn't seem to affect me too much, and after getting through the race, I ended up finishing in 22:40, which is not as good as last time, but it's my own fault for not getting there early like I usually do, and having to deal with the things that I mentioned above.

I still ended up taking first place in my age group and finished 27th overall. While I know that I could have done better, I think I made a pretty good recovery after the terrible beginning I had in the race.
Last edited by S4Blade on Mon May 19, '14, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon May 19, '14, 2:56 am

Wow, congrats on doing so well especially with the problems in the beginning. Way to go!! :clap:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Mon May 19, '14, 9:39 am

Congratulations ! :clap: First of your age category ? That is great ! 27th about all the contestants is a great place too !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon May 19, '14, 2:06 pm

That's still pretty good, especially considering how things started. Nicely done! :)
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Mon May 19, '14, 11:28 pm

Thank you everyone. I am kind of disappointed with myself for what happened, but I will use it is a learning experience and not ever do that again.

I was originally planning on doing just these two 5Ks this Summer, but some girl I know from my gym who is a big runner is trying to talk me into doing more of them. The first one is coming up in mid June. I'm not sure if I'm going to do them or not yet. We'll see if I am able to stick to my training or not. The 5Ks really help motivate me to get my workouts in, so I think from a motivational perspective I should keep doing them since it gives me a goal to work towards.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Previous

Return to Casual Conversation