Request: PS4 Remake "Multi-country" Petition

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Request: PS4 Remake "Multi-country" Petition

Postby xrick » Wed Jun 23, '10, 2:03 pm

Hey everyone. I've been wandering around PSCave Forums, so now I'll start roaming aroud here as well :D

For starters, I'll try to call your attention to my online petition for SEGA, "Phantasy Star 4 Remake / Phantasy Star Generation Games English Localization Petiton", I guess the name says it all.
Since it seems I can't post links here, please search for it through Google, you'll find in no time.

Please, anyone interested, go there leave your signature, and come here leave your opinion of this appeal I'm trying to create to those scatterbrains of SEGA...
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
Let's all join together on this cause, please!
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 22

Re: Request: PS4 Remake "Multi-country" Petition

Postby Xander » Wed Jun 23, '10, 2:27 pm

If I remember correctly, there are people already translating PS:G 1 and 2. Though to be honest, I never really cared much about the art direction they took with the Generations games, especially 2.

As for getting a remake of PS IV, I don't think the people in charge of Sega are going to be so inclined. Apparently they're not exactly fan oriented when it comes to things like this.

Besides, I don't want to see PS IV getting the same treatment. For one, the game is fine as it is and secondly, seeing how 1 and 2 turned out, I really don't think so. Not that it'll happen anyways. :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby xrick » Wed Jun 23, '10, 3:06 pm

Yes, a brazilian group is doing a translation of PSG:1 (only PSG:1 that I know), but an official release would be more appealing, I guess, and would show to SEGA we care for those Remakes.

And PS4, I still believe a remake would come out good for it.
Revamped character designs, CG stills, gameplay and refreshed storyline could come out even better than before, and maybe tying better each of the Classics Saga's games.
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Xander » Wed Jun 23, '10, 3:08 pm

If you want a remake of PS IV just go check out Lyla's project. She's doing a grand job of giving PS IV a workover, but without all the whacked out stuff from the generations remakes. But I still think giving PS IV the generation treatment is a bad idea. Besides, the story and characters don't need changing in that way.
Last edited by Xander on Wed Jun 23, '10, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jun 23, '10, 3:11 pm

Well, I am trying to redesign the characters (without the stiff the did in Gen 1 and 2). Just check out my avatar. ^^
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Xander » Wed Jun 23, '10, 3:17 pm

I suppose there's that, but it's how some of the characters, particularly in PS:G 2 were changed. It just didn't look right. Nei becomes a cissy, Rolf loses his kewl and Rudo's going around in what looks like a leotard. I'd hate to see that happen again. :o

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jun 23, '10, 3:19 pm

Yep, but that's not going to happen with my character re-designs. ^^ I agree with you, I hated Rolf's new look... And as for Anna....

No comment.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby xrick » Wed Jun 23, '10, 3:25 pm

OK, there seems to be more Generation Games' Haters here than in PSCave Forums.

But at least I'm hopeful there is at least 1 or 2 persons here who may think like me on this stuff.

And I really enjoyed all of the Generation redesigns, some are even more well composed than their original counterparts...
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tanith » Wed Jun 23, '10, 3:36 pm

Xander wrote:Rudo's going around in what looks like a leotard.
It's a travesty I will now call the "Emasculation of Rudolf Steiner." :( If they wanted to do a cool redesign of Rudo, they should have made him the mysterious, black coated gunslinger. His pre-game settei actually describes him as wearing a long coat (and having silver hair; don't know about that), and being much more brooding. It's totally anime stereotypical cyberpunk, but rowr. I approve.

I signed your petition when you posted the link over at PS Cave, xrick. As much as the art of gen2 bothers me (gen1 was pretty good, actually), they did fix a lot of the bugs from the original, which is nice. I don't think PSIV needs a remake, but I guess it never hurts to try.
Last edited by Tanith on Wed Jun 23, '10, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Xander » Wed Jun 23, '10, 3:37 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:Yep, but that's not going to happen with my character re-designs. ^^ I agree with you, I hated Rolf's new look... And as for Anna....

No comment.

Oooohh yes...Anna's new look. Not good. Nein nein nein nein! Though i'm pretty confident your stuff will do the job, having seen it. been meaning to say, but I like how you gave Alys the same pose as Chaz from the compendium, with the sword behind her back. Looks good. :)

Tanith, or anyone else for that matter, I will pay you to write a fan fiction with that title. I'll throw a cherry on top if the content follows suit. :D

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV