Vision of Heroine

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Vision of Heroine

Postby Thoul » Wed May 7, '08, 8:12 am

This is the first vision shown to Chaz after he takes up Elsydeon. We see Alis Landale, heroine of the first Phantasy Star, battling her nemesis, Dark Falz. It is thanks to this scene that we know Dark Falz and the Prophallus monster in Phantasy Star IV are part of the same family. Also of note is Alis' sword, which looks quite different than Elsydeon, which many believe to be the same sword.

This image can also be selected as an avatar from the galleries on the avatar tab of the Member Control Panel.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby newsblade » Wed May 7, '08, 2:12 pm

It is thanks to this scene that we know Dark Falz and the Prophallus monster in Phantasy Star IV are part of the same family.

ImageImage

In compendium it is written the following: "[DF on Kuran] Based on early settei, the Dark Force at right is called "Cyber Force" (the first Dark Force). [Apparently, DF's three forms all had different names in pre-production.]"

If the real name of the Kuran's Dark False was Cyber Phallus (or Cyber "Dark" Phallus), maybe the real name of the PSI DF was Pro Phallus (or Pro "Dark" Phallus). I still don't know which one's the nickname (if "dark" or "cyber"/"pro").

---

Also of note is Alis' sword, which looks quite different than Elsydeon

Since they were the same designers it would be expected those swords to look equal. However that may not even be the laconian sword.

There are a bunch of statues of Alis all over Esper Mansion and only one is different:

Image > zoom > Image =/= Image

The one at the sacred hall (where Espers pray) is holding a... short sword/dagger? Why?

ImageImage
I think this PSI picture and that statue intend to represent the same scene: her promise, the beginning of her journey. And that weapon (Nero's weapon?) resembles that short sword on Elsydeon scene, so both cases may be a reference to that weapon. Remember that hardly she would throw off such symbolic weapon (it was indeed symbolic, at least in PSI introduction) especially if that weapon was her brother's (which I don't know if it is).

ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby newsblade » Wed May 7, '08, 6:11 pm

I was playing the "legendary heroes" jigsaw and saw an inserting thing: "what does this official artwork have in common with this Elsydeon vision"?

ImageImageImage

The sword*. Also, it seems the sword in this artwork is based on Alis (initial) sword (could they all be the same?).

She also doesn’t have any laconian armor equipped in PSIV vision and PSII dreams... neither in artwork (by the way, if that sword was the "enchanted sword" Lutz should already have the psychowand (same for the lightsaber)... =\ well, he could always buy it latter)

--
* this sword shines (reminds me of Neisword on PSgen2... maybe it's Alis' (invisible) inner power represented ...- well, still could be a lightsaber but why the need of sheath?)
ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Thu May 8, '08, 12:38 am

I always thought Prophallus might be a shorted form of Proto Phallus. Since they're in the PD's lair and not out in Algo yet, they could be like very young Dark Forces that haven't come into their full power yet.

That thing the one statue is holding looks more like a staff than a sword to me. I guess it could be a sword, but a staff or rod makes more sense for the Espers and their alignment towards magic over blades. It is definitely the same sword as in the other artwork (another nice find you've made).
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby newsblade » Fri May 9, '08, 12:56 am

After some research I found that, on this vision, Alis is using the real laconian "enchanted" sword after all :\ (I'll write about that on the appropriate post) So, primarily, that wasn't Elsydeon.

It may be "transformed" into it latter, but if that was the case "The Elsydeon" -stritus sensu- has less than 1500 years... but that was already expected since Alis is the represent of the protectors and her statue is what holds the sword.

The point here is that PSI's laconian sword didn't had the Nei/Esper/Agol symbol.

Edit: Woa! I became a guardian
ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Re: Vision of Heroine

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue May 16, '17, 7:08 pm

Bumping up this former Image Of The Day!

Yeah, I can see that those two evil things do look quite similar so maybe they are part of the same family or something. Interesting bit about the sword also!
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Thu May 18, '17, 1:38 pm

Interesting picture and comments about both Dark Force/Falz/Prophallus and Elsydeon and short sword ! Not easy to know where is the truth but I think it's better as, like that, we can imagine and discuss about it ! :) (Especially here !)
The picture of our beloved Alisa is so great ! :D
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Nov 19, '22, 1:35 pm

Stunning vision!
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Sun Nov 20, '22, 4:43 pm

Stunning : that is the word ! ;) great picture of course ! Alisa the great.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Featured Images