Anime and manga

Drawn or CGI, animated movies and shows fit well with the gaming crowd.

Anime and manga

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Sep 26, '08, 5:59 am

Anyone else into anime and manga?

My favorites include Bleach and Death Note.

How about you?
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Celeith » Fri Sep 26, '08, 3:14 pm

I have quite a few anime that I'm into.

Tenchi Muyo
Rurouni Kenshin / Samurai X
Gundam Wing
Magic Knight Rayearth
.hack// series
Pokemon
Orphen
Death Note
Eureka 7
LOVE♥LOVE?
(And many more, I'll end it here my list probably reaches over 400+)

The only Manga I really own are the First Two Volumes of Death Note and I own all Six Volumes of Eureka Seven. I hope to get more Manga such as the newly translated Legend of Zelda manga thats coming soon as well as some of the .hack// manga's.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Srijita » Fri Sep 26, '08, 6:47 pm

[face=Times New Roman]
Regarding anime, I’ve enjoyed most of the series that I’ve seen. However, the titles I could mention would date back over a decade to my teen years, so sadly, no one else would be familiar with them. There isn’t much of it on the UK terrestrial channels, and more’s the pity; I can say without a shade of a doubt that good anime would still appeal to me today.

Embarrassingly, I had to look up “manga” on Google/ Wiki to find out what it was, so I’m way behind everyone else in that respect. :oops: It was good to learn something new.
[/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Srijita » Fri Sep 26, '08, 6:47 pm

[face=Times New Roman]
How exactly did that happen? My online connection wavered for a second, and then I seem to have double posted, which I did not intend to do. :x Apologies, everyone. What a waste of bandwidth.

I'll add, on the off-chance: did anyone ever see "Ninja Robots"? I believe the Japanese title was "Ninja Senshi Tobikage". Some years ago, I caught a few episodes on the Cartoon Network while on holiday in India, but I never had the opportunity to see the rest of the series. I'd sure like to know how it ended, but an extensive web search some time ago did not elicit any answers.
[/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Lemina » Fri Sep 26, '08, 7:53 pm

Kaloes wrote: newly translated Legend of Zelda manga thats coming soon

Like officially translated? That would be amazing :hyper:

I like anime a whole lot; I remember getting into over ten years ago with titles like Sailor Moon and Pokemon. Ah, those were the good ol' days. Lately, I haven't really been into an anime besides Higurashi no naku koro ni and xxxHolic, which kind of saddens me. I miss the days when I would be crawling out of my skin just waiting to see a new episode of Digimon or something. :sigh:

Ninja Robots? I remember I used to watch Cartoon Network extensively, but I've never seen it or heard of it. Sorry....

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about the manga part! You know what manga I really like? Manga based off of video games. Not many are released in English, sadly, but I love reading the whatever scanlations that I can find.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Sep 26, '08, 9:20 pm

I can honestly say that I am not into either one very much at all, probably because I am not that familiar with either of them. I also had to google one of them to find out more. :wink: Having said all that, I must admit that the newly translated "Legend Of Zelda" thing does sound a bit interesting. :hyper:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Sep 26, '08, 10:49 pm

Kaloes: asdfghhjjk (er, sorry - I'm a bit excited). A legend of Zelda manga?! I. Must. Have...

Srijita: I think I remember Ninja Robots! Also, I am going to try to get you into Bleach; I think you'd love it. I am just a tad bit obsessed, lol.

Lemina: Ah yes, Sailor Moon is a classic. I didn't get into Pokemon so much, but I did love Yu-Gi-Oh, which had a similar card game (that I never played or was into, lol).

Surfer: There's a lot of great animes out there. I prefer shonen (anime and manga for guys) but there's also shojo, which is more for the female audience, like Fruits Basket, which I love.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Sep 26, '08, 10:50 pm

Oops, sorry - double post
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Fri Sep 26, '08, 11:48 pm

I've seen some anime that's been aired on US tv, though I couldn't give you any names off the top of my head. I never got into manga. Unless you count that old Zelda comic in Nintendo Power... I think that was by a manga writer/artist.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Sat Sep 27, '08, 12:15 pm

lol I love anime and manga but we only get about 55% of what you guys recieve over in the US. I really wanna watch Xenosaga the anime series but not one single Australian anime company has bothered to release it over here :x and its been out for nearly 3 years now.

On a brighter note I love watching action/ sci-fi / and Mystery anime oh and comedy anime such as:

Street Fighter Alpha
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Bleach
Evangelion

and a few others... :wink:

I hope Xenosaga does receive and anime and all games trilogy release over here sometime soon though. :)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Next

Return to Awesome Animation