Red Dawn

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Red Dawn

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Aug 11, '12, 2:47 pm

Found a clip and some info on the new upcoming movie "Red Dawn" which will supposedly be out later this year.

This is a remake of the classic "Red Dawn" movie of the 1980's which starred actor Patrick Swayze (of "Dirty Dancing", "Ghost", and "North & South" fame). It also starred actor Powers Booth, another great actor.

This new version will star Chris Hemsworth ("Thor") and Conner Cruise (son of actor Tom Cruise) among others.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 13951.html

So, anyone have any opinions on whether you think this new version may live up to the old version, or not?

Anyone else here a die-hard fan of the classic "Red Dawn" movie starring Swayze?? One of the best films ever made, imho.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Red Dawn

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 15, '12, 6:18 pm

It's been a while since I heard anything about that. I figured the project was dropped. I'm glad to see it finally moving forward.

I love the original movie. Haven't seen it in a while though, so I need to watch it again. I'm not sure about this remake. Some of that trailer looks good, but I don't like a few of the changes I saw. Some stuff has to change for a modern setting, I know. Using the USSR as an enemy wouldn't work. I think the characters should remain basically the same, though. Chris Hemsworth will probably do a good job in the lead role, but making that character a trained US Marine instead of a locally raised outdoorsman takes away part of the charm for me.

I will say that putting Jeffery Dean Morgan in Powers Boothe's role is brilliant casting, though. I expect him to nail that 100%.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Red Dawn

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 5, '13, 11:48 pm

I saw in a sale paper in this week's newspaper that this new movie "Red Dawn" was to be released on DVD sometime this week, and I think it was March 5th (today). If so, I will certainly be looking for this one the next time I go to town. I want to see it. Although I sincerely doubt it will be as good as the older original version of the movie starring Patrick Swayze, still I want to see if and how it measures up at all.

If anyone sees it, let us know if it's any good.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Feature Films