Red Bull lawsuit

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Red Bull lawsuit

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 8, '14, 8:15 pm

Anyone here a fan of the drink Red Bull? If so, you may be interested to read about this recent lawsuit and settlement associated with the energy drink:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/r ... ar-BB88HRU

Personally, I find it hard to believe that anyone thought they might actually get wings from drinking this stuff. :D
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Red Bull lawsuit

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Oct 9, '14, 5:19 pm

I kind of feel like this would be a perfect fit in the ridiculous items thread. Trusting marketing claims without a bit of skepticism is basically always a mistake. Sure, no one expected literal wings, but never take marketing at face value.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Thu Oct 9, '14, 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Snorb » Thu Oct 9, '14, 9:02 pm

Well, shucks. Looks like your marketing slogan is now yet another piece of easily-litigated legal bullcrap.

Then again, I don't drink Red Bull and am getting absolutely $0 of their money, so what do I know?
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Tweeg » Fri Oct 10, '14, 3:02 am

Does anyone else here remember the lawsuit against Pepsi for when they first did their "Pepsi Points" promotion and had the tv commercial advertise that you could get an F-16 for something like 20,000,000 points? The ended up having to pay the man who sued them a monetary sum equal to the cost of an F-16 in exchange for the Pepsi Points he had legitimately collected, it was nuts.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Oct 13, '14, 2:17 am

Wolf Bird wrote:I kind of feel like this would be a perfect fit in the ridiculous items thread.

That actually crossed my mind too later in the day after I had already posted it here. I agree on the ridiculous part. :yes:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Delectable Delicacies