Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Red Bull lawsuit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 8, '14, 8:15 pm 
Anyone here a fan of the drink Red Bull? If so, you may be interested to read about this recent lawsuit and settlement associated with the energy drink:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/r ... ar-BB88HRU

Personally, I find it hard to believe that anyone thought they might actually get wings from drinking this stuff. :D

Post subject: Re: Red Bull lawsuit
PostPosted: Thu Oct 9, '14, 5:19 pm 
I kind of feel like this would be a perfect fit in the ridiculous items thread. Trusting marketing claims without a bit of skepticism is basically always a mistake. Sure, no one expected literal wings, but never take marketing at face value.

Last edited by Wolf Bird on Thu Oct 9, '14, 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 9, '14, 9:02 pm 
Well, shucks. Looks like your marketing slogan is now yet another piece of easily-litigated legal bullcrap.

Then again, I don't drink Red Bull and am getting absolutely $0 of their money, so what do I know?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, '14, 3:02 am 
Does anyone else here remember the lawsuit against Pepsi for when they first did their "Pepsi Points" promotion and had the tv commercial advertise that you could get an F-16 for something like 20,000,000 points? The ended up having to pay the man who sued them a monetary sum equal to the cost of an F-16 in exchange for the Pepsi Points he had legitimately collected, it was nuts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, '14, 2:17 am 
Wolf Bird wrote:I kind of feel like this would be a perfect fit in the ridiculous items thread.

That actually crossed my mind too later in the day after I had already posted it here. I agree on the ridiculous part. :yes:

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]