Ayn or Nial

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Ayn or Nial

Postby Thoul » Wed Apr 11, '07, 2:36 pm

When you played PSIII, which quest did you enjoy more, Ayn's or Nial's? They're both pretty unique, compared to all the other quests, and have a nice variety of characters.

Personally, I prefer Ayn's trip. It is the only part of the game where we get to see the consequences one of the marriage decisions had on areas other than where Rhys, Ayn, etc. chose to live. I liked returning to Landen to get Sari, then going to explore the other dome to rescue Thea.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Ayn or Nial

Postby Zafneir » Wed Apr 11, '07, 2:46 pm

Personally, I enjoyed Ayn's quest more. Dunno why.
Besides the mechanical advantages of Ayn being able to heal, and Sari doing massive damage with knives, more than likely I enjoyed fighting a Wren type enemy. That and I liked having Sean for my third gen. main, despite the... wrongness of marrying Ayn and Thea. :P
Drum Solo of Life!
Zafneir
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 12

Postby Neithird » Wed Apr 11, '07, 4:38 pm

I like Nial's journey the most. It has a "mysterious rebel" character in Ryan, which I like. You also get one of Wren's transforming parts and the teleporting pendant on this side, which makes it a little quicker to get through.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Rune Sa Riik » Wed Apr 11, '07, 5:25 pm

I like Nial more. First of all, is that you meet Laya earlier than in Ayn' s quest. Also you get Laya's pendant that makes life of third generation easier. And because of his beautiful daughter Gwyn Sa Riik :D And also Adan's and Aron's endings I like more than Sean's or Crys's
Please, excuse my terrible grammar! =)
Rune Sa Riik
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 2

Postby Tsunami » Fri May 4, '07, 12:35 am

Both scenarios were good, but I'll have to go with Nial's. And, to some degree, both quests are similar, though are very different at the same time.

Here's one little example. While Ayn saves Thea from the enemy, Nial rescues Alair from his own people, knowing very well that she's a Layan. In my eyes, Nial's quest is that much better for that reason.

Then again, I'm a nut when it comes to Nial and Alair, so that could be another reason why. :P
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Fri May 4, '07, 9:03 pm

Tsunami wrote:Here's one little example. While Ayn saves Thea from the enemy, Nial rescues Alair from his own people, knowing very well that she's a Layan. In my eyes, Nial's quest is that much better for that reason.

I never really thought of them as his people. I see what you're saying though; that says a lot about Nial's character.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Rune Sa Riik » Fri May 4, '07, 9:41 pm

Well, it is VERY hard to say about characters character from the game. But Phantasy Star III: Characters Book can tell a lot about them. Unfortunately, book was published only in Japan...
Please, excuse my terrible grammar! =)
Rune Sa Riik
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 2

Postby Tsunami » Mon May 7, '07, 4:44 pm

Thoul wrote:
Tsunami wrote:Here's one little example. While Ayn saves Thea from the enemy, Nial rescues Alair from his own people, knowing very well that she's a Layan. In my eyes, Nial's quest is that much better for that reason.

I never really thought of them as his people. I see what you're saying though; that says a lot about Nial's character.

Well, I say they're his people since they're also Orakians, y'know? Sorry for any little mix up there, just hope that people knew what I meant. :p

Rune Sa Riik wrote:Well, it is VERY hard to say about characters character from the game. But Phantasy Star III: Characters Book can tell a lot about them. Unfortunately, book was published only in Japan...

True, but we can just use some imagination where the game is lacking. :mrgreen:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Mon May 7, '07, 10:57 pm

Yeah, I know what you meant. I just never made the connection in my own mind that they are Orakians, Nial is Orakian, and therefore they are his people while Alair is the "enemy," a Layan. I knew all of that, but I never really connected the dots between the separate facts before.

Well, it is VERY hard to say about characters character from the game.

True, but I think this event says a lot about Nial. Someone that saves one of the "enemy" from his own people, after they've captured her, seems like a good guy that can look past the Orakian and Layan labels people use to separate themselves on the Alisa III.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Jun 11, '07, 1:41 am

Ayn's is more challenging, but I like the story in Nial's better.... so I'll go with Nial. Even just picking Lena over Maia creates more intriguing imo.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Next

Return to Phantasy Star III