Recommend Phantasy Star?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Recommend Phantasy Star?

Postby Tsunami » Sun Jan 27, '08, 5:08 am

Obviously, we're all fans here. But have you ever recommended Phantasy Star to anyone?

I mentioned Phantasy Star to most of my friends, and prompt them to play it if they haven't. Kind of cool when I can convert people into Phantasy Star fans. :D For example, a friend of mine has just started playing PSIV and he already loves Alys, though I had to keep my mouth shut about what happens to her. :ziplip: I dislike spoiling the story, y'know?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Celeith » Sun Jan 27, '08, 5:38 am

you should go ahead and spoil it anyways, will save him hours of tears in the future
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Sun Jan 27, '08, 6:31 am

Maybe a couple of people online. I don't know any dedicated gamers offline or people that enjoy RPGs, so not there.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Jan 27, '08, 6:56 am

I don't think I can really tell any of my friends to get it. Only one of them has even ever heard of a Genesis, let alone going on some ancient site and trying to find a "most likely still functioning one" and then doing the same for one of those games. But if I gave them the collection for PS2, they might enjoy it.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Jan 27, '08, 7:01 am

I've reccomended it to one of my friends but, he never tried it. Either or I say you try to make him love Alys even more, so when she does that thing she does, he will cry. Or not, it's up to you.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Fogeltje » Sun Jan 27, '08, 11:18 am

I'm not sure if you can still recommend it today. PSIV might be possible.

Most games these days are fast and in the PSI-PSIII you often have to do some leveling before progressing. I'm not sure gamers still have the patience to wander around for hours, just to do battle without any visible progress. PSIV is relatively easy and can be done without spending time leveling only, you can pretty much walk the game from begin to end at once.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jan 27, '08, 4:23 pm

I've recommended PSIV to both my roommate and boyfriend. My roommate is on Rykros, and my boyfriend is at the Ladea Tower.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Jan 28, '08, 12:16 am

My roommate is on Rykros, and my boyfriend is at the Ladea Tower.

You know, I didn't get that for a few seconds, I really said, There ON Rykros!!!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Tsunami » Mon Jan 28, '08, 12:46 am

Kaloes wrote:you should go ahead and spoil it anyways, will save him hours of tears in the future
He's not emo, so I wouldn't worry too much. ;)

Trenzer wrote:I've reccomended it to one of my friends but, he never tried it. Either or I say you try to make him love Alys even more, so when she does that thing she does, he will cry. Or not, it's up to you.
Again... He's not the type to get all emotional over something like that, haha.

You're both very sadistic, you know that? :D

Fogeltje wrote:I'm not sure if you can still recommend it today. PSIV might be possible.
Depends on the person. Some people still appreciate older games, y'know? :)
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Tsunami » Mon Jan 28, '08, 1:27 am

Reno wrote:
Tsunami wrote:Depends on the person. Some people still appreciate older games, y'know? :)

Absolutely. I hate it when people highlight IV as the best in the series and ignore the rest. Many 'fans' don't even feel the need to play the other gems of the series and are content with their savvyness, (its a word, I say so) for IV, and IV alone. Personally, I have recommended PS I to a couple friends, even sent them the Emulator and rewritten English hacked ROM, but they disregard it as being too confusing and looking "old." 'Course, they're also Final Fantasy nuts, (don't get me wrong, good series, just, not as good as PS) and like that series for its simplicity and classic story. Bah! Those are reasons to dislike a game series, not worship it!
I couldn't agree with you more. I may like PSIV, but it's not really my favorite out of the PS series (that would be PSIII, with PSII following close behind ;)). While many love it since it has the most developed cast and story, I simply like the other games better, if not by much.

Overall, it's one of the best series in my book. :D

Reno wrote:EDIT: Heh, with the MEKA description it sounds like I'm trying to sell ya something! :D
Advertisements!
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Next

Return to Classic Series