Recalls

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Recalls

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Oct 6, '07, 6:26 am

Since there are so many various items and products being recalled for different reasons lately, it might help to set up a specific thread just for this topic to alert everyone to the items being recalled and the possible dangers, etc.

If you see or hear about a recall regarding something, post it here so everyone here will know about it and possibly be able to take precautions.

So, here we go. Currently, there is a recall on Campbell's soup, I think.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financia ... 2OCV02.htm

And, more toys being recalled:

http://www.ksat.com/news/14277689/detail.html

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Oct 6, '07, 11:06 pm

Well, today, Saturday, Oct. 6, they are announcing a Sam's Store Recall on Hamburger Patties under the Cargill / American Chef name, I think it was. This is also because of E.Coli. This is in Minnesota, I think, but check the news reports to be sure. Expiration date for these patties was February , 2008, I think they said. And, there may be more recalls added to this list later, they said.

Also, in the news today, the Topps Meat Co., that was featured in the previous meat recall a few days or weeks ago, has closed their company down for good. 87 people will lose their jobs. These people had been in business for over 50 years the news reports said. That's sad, but so was the meat recall. :yaknow:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Oct 11, '07, 6:19 pm

This morning I heard there are recalls for a Curious George toy put out by Marvel, I think it was. I think this toy is being recalled for having lead, and it comes from China also. :blank:

Also, there is a recall on some kinds of childrens cold or cough medicines. Here's a link to read more on this recall:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21247580/wi ... ?GT1=10514

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Fri Oct 12, '07, 1:20 am

I'm surprised that Topps company closed down. Supposedly, this was their first recall ever in all the years they'd been in business. It seems like they should be able to recover from that. But I guess their first mistake was a doozy.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Oct 12, '07, 10:31 pm

Con Agra has recalled some of the Banquet pot pies:

http://www.katu.com/news/10508952.html

Also 90,000 more toys recalled:

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/bus ... _1012.html

And, another interesting note I heard today. Did you know that lipstick has lead in it? However, from what I heard it is not enough lead to prevent a hazard or cause a safety issue of any kind. :hmm:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Atolm » Sat Oct 13, '07, 3:26 am

At this point, parents should consider purchasing toys from local merchants. Home made toys mind you, like ones made from wood and seem so unique and nice. :)
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 13, '07, 7:51 pm

That does sound like a good idea. It's beginning to look like very few of the mass market toys are safe to have.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Neithird » Thu Oct 18, '07, 4:01 am

Wow, I didn't realize there had been so many recalls recently. This is really scary! With so many unsafe products, I'm not sure I want to buy any toys or meat from national brands now.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Oct 18, '07, 5:08 pm

Here's a tip in regards to recalls, etc. Did you know that some stores may have lists of recalled items or posts regarding them on bulletin boards in their stores?

I was out shopping yesterday and went to use the restroom in a Walmart store. On coming out of the restroom, I noticed a big bulletin board on one wall and it was filled with notebook size pages of paper notices regarding recalled items. Almost every page of paper was regarding a specific item that had been recalled or there was some type of problem with, etc. There were more products than simply toys also. Many various items were there although I didn't take time to look at them all.

So, you might want to check it out next time you visit a store like this. I think it's a great idea, and I don't know if it is mandatory that stores have to post these things or not but I would think they should alert their customers regarding these product recalls somehow. :up:

One bad point, though, It's a shame that this board with the recall notices was in such an "out of the way" area that many people might not notice it however. :down:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Thu Oct 18, '07, 7:17 pm

Huh, they still do that? I thought most stores had stopped having bulletin boards. Maybe they just moved them all to places where they wouldn't be noticed often. :hmm:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Casual Conversation