Page 2 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 8, '07, 9:05 pm 
More problems with toys. A toy called " Aqua Dot ", I believe, has been found to have a chemical in it like a date rape drug. :o :o

It is just getting beyond weird what is happening to all these toys. It is beginning to sound like Santa may not have a good toy holiday season this year with all these toy problems and recalls. :grumpy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 8, '07, 9:28 pm 
I saw something about that on the news. Some kids ate the dots and went into a coma, and this could potentially kill 'em if they stop breathing. Good thing that they're being pulled off the shelves; it's terrible when this sort of thing happens. :(

At this point, I don't trust China at all when it comes to manufacturing anything. I also doubt that they "accidentally" used the wrong glue, since what they were supposed to use was non-toxic, not the stuff that contains chemicals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 8, '07, 10:04 pm 
:yikes: A date rape drug in a toy?? :o :sweat:

Seriously, I'm not buying anything else with "Made in China" on it until they get some controls on this stuff. Isn't there some kind of government agency that inspects imported products? The government seems to have their nose in everything else, why aren't they checking any of this yet? :blindfold:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 8, '07, 11:59 pm 
Quote: A date rape drug in a toy??

OMG LOL!

And they are starting to. El presidente just gave some kind of order to make sure that we don't get any imported items, without knowing fully what they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 9, '07, 6:35 am 
Toys are off my list this year. I will buy more games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, '07, 12:42 am 
This Aqua dot thing is freaking me completely out. My kids wanted those for Christmas. I was shocked. I'm scared to buy them anything at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, '07, 8:47 pm 
Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Now, there is talk of lawsuits related to some of these recall toys, etc.

I heard on the news that the California State Attorney General is suing about 20 companies, including Mattel and Walmart, related to these dangerous recalled toys. It should be interesting to see how this goes.

Of course, I naturally expect any major fall out to fall upon the shoulders of the consumers, as usually happens in any other situation. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, '07, 10:50 pm 
lol we had a germ find-on-your-teeth thing that we used and it turned out to be recalled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 5, '07, 7:55 pm 
A major recall today but this time it is not a toy - it is a microwave.

http://www.wtvq.com/midatlantic/tvq/new ... -0010.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, '07, 10:05 am 
Did you hear what happened in China a little while back? They executed the former head of their FDA for "dereliction of duty." There was more to it, but part of the reason was all the recalls painting Chinese products in a bad light.

Page 2 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next