Recalls

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 8, '07, 9:05 pm

More problems with toys. A toy called " Aqua Dot ", I believe, has been found to have a chemical in it like a date rape drug. :o :o

It is just getting beyond weird what is happening to all these toys. It is beginning to sound like Santa may not have a good toy holiday season this year with all these toy problems and recalls. :grumpy:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 8, '07, 9:28 pm

I saw something about that on the news. Some kids ate the dots and went into a coma, and this could potentially kill 'em if they stop breathing. Good thing that they're being pulled off the shelves; it's terrible when this sort of thing happens. :(

At this point, I don't trust China at all when it comes to manufacturing anything. I also doubt that they "accidentally" used the wrong glue, since what they were supposed to use was non-toxic, not the stuff that contains chemicals.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 8, '07, 10:04 pm

:yikes: A date rape drug in a toy?? :o :sweat:

Seriously, I'm not buying anything else with "Made in China" on it until they get some controls on this stuff. Isn't there some kind of government agency that inspects imported products? The government seems to have their nose in everything else, why aren't they checking any of this yet? :blindfold:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 8, '07, 11:59 pm

A date rape drug in a toy??

OMG LOL!

And they are starting to. El presidente just gave some kind of order to make sure that we don't get any imported items, without knowing fully what they are.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Yoshi » Fri Nov 9, '07, 6:35 am

Toys are off my list this year. I will buy more games.
Yoshi
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 102

Postby Elaina » Sat Nov 10, '07, 12:42 am

This Aqua dot thing is freaking me completely out. My kids wanted those for Christmas. I was shocked. I'm scared to buy them anything at this point.
Elaina
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Nov 20, '07, 8:47 pm

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Now, there is talk of lawsuits related to some of these recall toys, etc.

I heard on the news that the California State Attorney General is suing about 20 companies, including Mattel and Walmart, related to these dangerous recalled toys. It should be interesting to see how this goes.

Of course, I naturally expect any major fall out to fall upon the shoulders of the consumers, as usually happens in any other situation. :roll:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 20, '07, 10:50 pm

lol we had a germ find-on-your-teeth thing that we used and it turned out to be recalled.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 5, '07, 7:55 pm

A major recall today but this time it is not a toy - it is a microwave.

http://www.wtvq.com/midatlantic/tvq/new ... -0010.html

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 13, '07, 10:05 am

Did you hear what happened in China a little while back? They executed the former head of their FDA for "dereliction of duty." There was more to it, but part of the reason was all the recalls painting Chinese products in a bad light.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation