Nintendo Network

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Nintendo Network

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jan 31, '12, 2:43 am

Something new from Nintendo for the Wii U, and possibly other systems, in the online gaming department:

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in ... 59893.html

Will this be a success or a failure??

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Nintendo Network

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 31, '12, 9:14 pm

I feel it's too early to say how this will go. It could be a success, if third parties get behind it and support it. The model sounds a lot like the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 concepts, which have been rather popular methods of selling additional content for games. With the WiiU planning to carry some of the same titles, like Batman: Arkham City, it makes sense that the third party publishers would want a way to provide their existing downloadable content on the WiiU as well.

I'll be curious to see if this is an evolution of the Wii Shop or a complete replacement for it. If all those downloaded 8/16 bit and WiiWare games people have bought on the Wii don't carry over to this new Nintendo Network, there will be some outrage.

Also, I hate the logo for this new network. It looks too much like an RSS feed icon. That's probably exactly why Nintendo designed it so, but it just irritates me.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Nintendo Network

Postby myau56 » Tue Jan 31, '12, 9:17 pm

The WII U ? I don't know... I'm not totally interested but need to test it : maybe it'll be great : The wii is a good console but..
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to In the News