Ratchet and Clank Fans Check This Out

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Ratchet and Clank Fans Check This Out

Postby S4Blade » Fri May 9, '14, 12:37 am

There is a new game from Insomniac exclusively for the Xbox One called Sunset Overdrive. Check out the 4 minute video. It looks really cool.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/08/insom ... y-one-edi/
Last edited by S4Blade on Fri May 9, '14, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: Ratchet and Clank Fans Check This Out

Postby myau56 » Fri May 9, '14, 12:28 pm

I've watched the video and yeah it seems to be cool ! This Sunset overdrive can be a good success and more than that a great game ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby S4Blade » Sat May 10, '14, 4:20 pm

The game has been receiving a lot of positive feedback from gaming fans in general. I have not heard much about this game before watching the video, but the game seems to be getting a lot of buzz now.
Last edited by S4Blade on Sat May 10, '14, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby myau56 » Sat May 10, '14, 10:30 pm

A lot of buzz can really be agreat thing for a game ! I've never heard about this one before watching this video, too...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun May 11, '14, 12:04 am

Why on Xbox, though. I'm just not an XBox gamer. Guess I'll have to pass this one up.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Sun May 11, '14, 10:24 am

I've found plenty of things to interest me on all of the Xbox systems I have owned. I'm trying to get the time to spend with my Xbox One. It's setup and ready to go, but that's about it for now.

I don't like restricting myself when it comes to gaming. I like to be able to play any game I want, except cell phone stuff, which I have tried and I just don't like it.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun May 11, '14, 4:20 pm

It's been a matter of what I can afford for a long time, so it generally came down to exclusives I was interested in and Sony has won out on that consistently for me. I've always had to a make a choice. To be fair, my PS3 was a birthday gift from my boyfriend, but for a long time, I had been wanting one for its exclusives far more than an XBox 360. I have never adopted new systems until they're at least a year old. It's unlikely that'll change anytime soon. With PS4 and XBox One, right now, there's just not much of anything I find particularly interesting on either system, at least not enough to be worth buying the console any time soon. My boyfriend got a PS4 so I have access to that, but right now, I don't think he has any plans to get an XBox One at any point in the near future.

If I was able to afford any system I want, I would probably try out XBox systems more as I know there are plenty of good games to be found there. But because of limited finances, I've just always had to make a choice and accept the restrictions that come with that, and Sony has been the consistent winner for me. Honestly, I'm pretty okay with that because I've loved my Sony consoles. And I've still got plenty of PS3 games (both exclusive and multiplatform) that I want to get to. Even from a time standpoint, I feel like one console is about all I can afford.

Different strokes for different folks, or something like that.

This exclusive looks cool, and I love a lot of Insomniac's material, but at least right now, I'm just going to have to pass it up.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun May 11, '14, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Sun May 11, '14, 8:28 pm

Wolf Bird wrote:Why on Xbox, though. I'm just not an XBox gamer. Guess I'll have to pass this one up.

I can understand as on the contrary I'm not a playstation gamer at all ! (except handheld devices : PSP and VITA) : I don't like Sony ! but they are here...:( :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby S4Blade » Sun May 11, '14, 11:52 pm

I hear you Wolf Bird. I'm just one of those weird people that hates to miss stuff that I might enjoy. Time to game isn't as plentiful as I would like either, so my habits leave me with a stupid amount of games that I have bought, but I have never played. I do my best to work through them, but it takes time.

I've been in the full time work force for over a decade now, so having the money to buy the game and things I want isn't really a problem, but finding time to enjoy them is. Especially now that I'm back to my 5-6 day a week workout routines after work.

You see, I used to post on other forums with somewhat immature members who were constantly whining about which consoles are better, and I have a severe disliking for the whole "console war" thing. I just say buy what you want and enjoy it. Why people feel obligated to defend their purchases or bash another company because they don't like them is beyond me.

For years and years I was a console only gamer. When I was in college, a friend of mine introduced me to PC gaming, and I fell in love with it. I spent years trying to catch up on all of the good PC games that I missed out on over the years, and to this day I feel like I missed out on a big part of the gaming world not being a PC gamer for so many years.

The same thing happened with portable gaming. I used to never game on portable systems, but the DS and the PSP changed that for me. There were so many good games coming out for the DS and the PSP that I had to get them. Once again I spent a long time trying to catch up on all of the portable titles that I missed out on by not being a portable gamer.

So for me, as a gamer, I feel that I need to cover all of my bases in order to stay on top of things. Do I have to buy everything right away? Not at all. I wait a long time to play games and I usually end up buying them when they are $20 or less. So for me, waiting to play games, but spending less on them is the way I do things. It allows me to maintain my broad interest in games, yet doesn't break me since I'm not throwing away $60 on a game.

Sorry for the long winded response, but I'm trying to explain that there is a method to my madness. I'm not just crazy LOL.
Last edited by S4Blade on Sun May 11, '14, 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon May 12, '14, 1:08 am

VistaBlade wrote:Sorry for the long winded response, but I'm trying to explain that there is a method to my madness. I'm not just crazy LOL.

Oh trust me, I don't think you're crazy at all. :) It's like I said, different strokes for different folks. Really, I wish was in a position where financially, it was pretty easy for me to get any gaming equipment I could possibly want and cover all my bases. But it's just not possible at all for me, so I have to choose. And I don't consider my choice to favor Sony as objectively 'better'…it's just the choice I've made based on my preferences and what I'm able to afford. And even then, I like to get games cheap as much as I can. I hate missing stuff I might enjoy too, but that's just the reality I'm in because I don't have the resources to get it all, and I accept it. But I also hate letting TOO many things pile up unplayed (or unread…the stack of books next to my desk is UNREAL, lol, and that doesn't even account for what's on my kindle), so I think even if I could afford to get more consoles/PC games/handhelds, I'd have more things piling up unplayed and feel bad about that, lol. So I've found a balance where I get as much enjoyment as I can, keep my pile under some form of control, and accept what I miss. Generally, I'm happy with my gaming life as it is. Sure, it could be better, but I find it a lot more fulfilling to accept what I have and enjoy that, than get too hung up on what I can't have at this time…or get into pointless console wars online. Play what you love, all there is to it.

I find console wars stuff pretty pointless and it's turned me off plenty of forums. It really does just come down to personal preference, you just can't objectively say console X is superior to console Y. I've tried PC gaming and I just can't get into it, but my boyfriend loves PC gaming and I think that's just fine. Same goes for handhelds - just not my thing, but I'm sure not going to knock on it beyond that because so many people enjoy it. I personally like consoles best and Sony is my personal winner, but I'm not going to pretend Sony is perfect and XBox is terrible, nor sit back and pretend that my preference is some objectively provable fact for everyone.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Mon May 12, '14, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf Bird

Next

Return to General Gaming