new Zelda, EarthBound coming

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

new Zelda, EarthBound coming

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Apr 18, '13, 6:30 pm

News about some new Nintendo games including a new Legend Of Zelda game and many others, and the game EarthBound will soon be here in the USA:

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in ... 26042.html

This will make lots of video gamers very happy and also make for a great holiday season!! :hyper:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: new Zelda, EarthBound coming

Postby myau56 » Thu Apr 18, '13, 10:11 pm

Ah Earthbound ! I've never played through a game of this serie but I know that there is some people on this site that will be very pleased ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Apr 18, '13, 11:15 pm

myau56 wrote:Ah Earthbound ! I've never played through a game of this serie but I know that there is some people on this site that will be very pleased ! :)

Yeah like me! Took them long enough to release EarthBound in a legit digital format! Granted, I don't have a Wii U and no intent to get one for the time being, but I fully support bringing that game to a whole new generation! I fully encourage any Wii U owners to get it as soon as it's released.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Apr 19, '13, 1:11 am

I knew Wolf Bird would be excited about Earthbound, ha ha. I'm actually really stoked about it, too, even though I don't own a Wii U, because I've never played the game and I've always wanted to. Now I might have a chance to do so at some point.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Apr 19, '13, 9:52 am

Yeah, when I saw that about EarthBound, I first thought of Wolf Bird, and I am looking forward to that games arrival also. :) It is about time there was a new Zelda also, and of course it's always a good time for a new version of Mario, lol!!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Fri Apr 19, '13, 1:17 pm

I don't have a WII U too ! But maybe one day ? :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Tweeg » Tue Apr 23, '13, 2:15 pm

This is going to hurt the value of the SNES Earthbound game carts, and raise the value of the Earthbound Player's/Strategy Guide.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby R-90-2 » Tue Apr 23, '13, 8:37 pm

Tweeg wrote:This is going to hurt the value of the SNES Earthbound game carts, and raise the value of the Earthbound Player's/Strategy Guide.

I'm pretty sure it won't hurt the value of the carts. Earthbound didn't sell well, so there just aren't that many SNES EB cartridges in circulation. Besides, the DS re-release of Chrono Trigger didn't have an impact on the SNES version's value, either.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Thoul » Mon May 13, '13, 3:03 am

I'm glad to hear Earthbound is finally going digital - that will make a lot of people happy. It's a shame Nintendo took this long to make it happen.

Always glad to hear of a new Zelda, too. Not too thrilled with it being on the 3DS, though. The last few handheld installments - not counting Ocarina of Time 3D, because I haven't played that - were decent but not outstanding.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Fri Jan 24, '14, 9:23 pm

Thoul wrote:I'm glad to hear Earthbound is finally going digital - that will make a lot of people happy. It's a shame Nintendo took this long to make it happen.

Always glad to hear of a new Zelda, too. Not too thrilled with it being on the 3DS, though. The last few handheld installments - not counting Ocarina of Time 3D, because I haven't played that - were decent but not outstanding.

Ah, the Zelda, a Link between worlds is truly excellent ! You need to try it ! ;) (if you have a 3DS system ^^)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Return to In the News