Rare Enemies

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: Rare Enemies

Postby Xander » Sat Oct 2, '10, 6:59 pm

Well since we're talking about Prophallus, I was once lucky enough to encounter 2 in a row! :o And in quite rapid succession too. Just a few steps and there was the other one waiting for me. Netted me quite a nice amount of XP. :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Thoul » Sun Oct 3, '10, 1:56 am

Solar wrote:Somewhere it said you fight a Prophallus only when you get a random encounter when that glowing square is on the square you are on... but that's probably another false belief.

That would be interesting to test. I doubt it's true, but still, it'd be neat if it was.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Scootaloo » Thu May 21, '15, 5:14 pm

In Phantasy Star III, The Finis and WireBot are very rare. They only appear in some parts of Draconia in the third generation. And there's also a lot of enemies in Draconiana in the third gen you won't run into as there isn't much reason to go there in the third gen.
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 48

Postby Zio_Falz » Fri May 22, '15, 9:28 pm

Thoul wrote:I think the Prophallus only shows up in one particular room. I can't recall ever seeing it outside of that place. I believe it's the next-to-last room before the final boss.

Yes you are correct; Prophallus is only in the area that is 2nd to last before meeting the Profound Darkness.
One can go hunting there and find many, but it does take time and patience.

Does anyone else find it weird that they named the "Proto – Dark Force” , I have always found it weird that it slipped by the quality control of translators and censors.

In one of the Japanese books for Phantasy Star IV, I believe that they also refer to it with English Latin letters as "Dark Phallus,” which I felt is really really weird.

I am well aware that it is a translation error, but translators are supposed to catch these things, unless it is some sort of a insider joke.

Regardless, Thoul is correct about where one can fight Prophallus. Despite a rare enemy, you can fight dozens there, with the patient's required to just walk up and down that corridor and either fight or run away from enemies that are not Prophallus. Whether you are level 28, or level 88, it will appear regardless of your stats.

As far as Phantasy Star III, I don't know if it's exactly rare, but there is an enemy called “Dinosaur" (I at least think that is the name of it, but it certainly does look like one" Anyway this enemy can wipe you out with a single hit. I forgot where you find it and in which generation you find it, but I believe it is in the Desert Aridia. But please correct me if I am wrong.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Postby Scootaloo » Sat May 23, '15, 1:05 am

Zio_Falz wrote:As far as Phantasy Star III, I don't know if it's exactly rare, but there is an enemy called “Dinosaur" (I at least think that is the name of it, but it certainly does look like one" Anyway this enemy can wipe you out with a single hit. I forgot where you find it and in which generation you find it, but I believe it is in the Desert Aridia. But please correct me if I am wrong.

The enemy you're thinking of is the Gnasher, which appears in outdoors Aridia in the third gen.
Last edited by Scootaloo on Sat May 23, '15, 1:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Postby myau56 » Mon Feb 20, '17, 12:25 pm

Yes, both the Elephant in Phantasy Star 1 and the Prophallus in Phantasy Star 4 are very rare ! Some people have already spoken about the last one, and Fogeltje about the Elephant : this last one (now !) is in fact located in on the grass plains of Loar/Abion island, like he has said ! That is its true name, Elephant, and the only localization you are going to find it ! :)
Here is a link to show it !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Scootaloo » Sun Jul 30, '17, 6:35 pm

In Phantasy Star III, there were a ton of rare enemies. There was a dark pink version of the Moos called the Diremoos, that only appeared in southern regions of Draconia in the third generation. In Ayn's path, there was a dark purple version of the Arachne called the Darachne that only appeared on Techna Island. In the first generation/Rhys' path, there was a white cluster of bubbles as an enemy called the Clump that only appeared in the Weather/Satellite Control, and doesn't reappear way until the third generation in south Draconia. In Nial's path, there was a pink/purple version of the Blueroot called the Pinkroot (duh), that only appeared in Dahlia at the end of the path, and does not reappear in the third generation.

In Phantasy Star IV, there was a regular enemy encounter version of Juza called the Greneris, that only appeared in lower depths of Nurvus. We also all know about Prophallus in lower depths of the Edge.

In Phantasy Star I, I guess there was the Elephant.

In Phantasy Star II, and enemy I didn't commonly run into was the Blastoid, you could find in Climatrol, and obviously don't appear after that due to robots roaming Motavia after you defeat Neifirst.
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Postby myau56 » Mon Aug 7, '17, 3:47 pm

SCOOTALOO : thank you for all the explanations ! About those rare ennemies in PSIII, Diremoos is indeed rare : I can't evn remember having encountered one !
Darachne the same...
For me the Clump seems to be a more common monster but I can't remember all..at last in the locations that you have mentioned before !
Pinkroot I don't know !

But I was asking myself another question : in the ennemy list (such as here :
there are some monsters with name and characteristics but no image or locations at all ! Did you meet them some times ? I can't remember..(example : Gryffon).
I have just begun another PSIII session some weeks go and I'll try to track them down !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Scootaloo » Mon Aug 7, '17, 3:55 pm

Yeah, a lot of monsters are placed in areas you'll never need to go to.

Those enemies with no names and no locations are removed monsters.

Some enemies are exclusive to some generations - you'll only meet the Hopliz in gen 1.
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Postby Snorb » Mon Aug 7, '17, 9:41 pm

Hughes mentioned on GameFAQs that the US and JPN versions of PSIII have different encounter tables; in turn, the worldwide GBA version is based on the JPN version.

That might explain why some enemies show up more often in the GBA version.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Series