Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: rare comic book find
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, '09, 11:51 pm 
Can you only imagine how much this rare comic book is going to go for in auction ?????????

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29407097?GT1=43001

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, '09, 9:10 pm 
Wow, that's crazy to hold on to something for so long. I applaud the owner of that comic to keep it in such good condition

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, '09, 10:13 pm 
I'm sure it will pull in quite a bit of money. The story doesn't quite sound legitimate to me, though. This comic went on sale for 10 cents in 1938... but wasn't bought until 1950, 12 years later? And then only at 35 cents? That sounds fishy to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, '09, 12:12 pm 
Sounds like he may get quite rich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, '09, 12:27 pm 
That's crazy that some comics go for so much money. I was into comics a long time ago and I still have most of my collection, but I don't think I have anything overly expensive. I have some marvel stuff, but mostly Image stuff from way back in the day. Oh yeah and some Dark Horse stuff too, mainly Lady Death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, '09, 11:10 pm 
Time for a little follow up. The comic sold for $317,200. The buyer was John Dolmayan, drummer for the rock band System of a Down. Apparently, he's also a comic book dealer. He said bought it for a client but wouldn't reveal that person's name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, '09, 12:44 am 
Wow, that's a lot of money. I've never heard of that guy, or his band, but I wonder just who he bought that comic for. I'll bet the ex-owner is very happy right about now with all that money for one little book.

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]