Rant about various other game message boards

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Rant about various other game message boards

Postby MrKite » Sat Jan 9, '10, 9:19 pm

I normally don't make threads like this, but it's something that really annoys me to no extent. I'm not pointing the finger at any particular forum (especially not this one, because as far as I know, there are alot of nice people here :) ), but I've been to several game-themed forums over the years, and I'm realizing that there are many who have alot of ignorant and selfish people, and people who present their opinions as if their facts (e.g. somebody who says "______ sucks"), and there are also people on forums like those that just like to go off topic for no reason, and the other posters join in the off-topic going. For example (and this is a recent one I might add), I made a post talking about how Duke Oda from E-SWAT should be in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing on this one forum, and somebody else says quote:"Topic title should be changed to "Hey, how about Vectorman from Vectorman be in the game?"

All in favor say "yes"."

And someone quotes that message by saying "Yes to that". God, I can't stand these kinds of people. Does anybody know where I'm coming from with this subject?
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Rant about various other game message boards

Postby Lucas » Sun Jan 10, '10, 12:24 pm

I know what you mean. You’ll find most of the guys who go off at you on the net are little stay at home mummy's boys who spend their whole life in front of a computer. To them nitpicking at other people’s opinions online is their way of acting tough. You’d be best not to worry about them because at the end of they day they are the pathetic ones :wink: . Anyway’s you still have this board, which has a lot of great people on it. :)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Darkil » Sun Jan 10, '10, 2:20 pm

Well Kitey, you'll find plenty of discussion here, but thankfully it's all adult and very "contained" here. Don't mind the occasional off topic things people say because they're all in good fun. They rarely happen but sometimes they do. Sorry to hear about your aggravation but I certainly understand where you're coming from. I mostly lurk on a certain site's message board just to read these sort of things and I do so for a good laugh. If you're curious, this site contains the largest section of hints, faqs, tips and answers for any game you can think of. It's a good site, but on the forums what you're talking about runs rampant. Anywho sorry for going off-topic here :D
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jan 10, '10, 5:46 pm

The kind of stuff you described, Kite, is PRECISELY why I have not joined the community at Starmen.net in spite of how much I love Earthbound. :grumpy:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sun Jan 10, '10, 9:29 pm

I understand your frustration, Kite (anime messageboards are the same as you describe). We all have our pet-peeves. With messageboards and dealing with people in particular, I've learned a valuable lesson: Don't take things so personal.

You can't change what or how another person thinks, you can only share your view. If someone disagrees with you and hates what you love or believe in, well then, who cares? It's not like their opinion overrides your own.

So, um... my point in all of this can be best summed up with one latin phrase: illigitimi non carborundum.
Cheers. ;)
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Return to Casual Conversation