Random Fact of the Day

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Celeith » Tue Nov 18, '08, 8:52 pm

Every other time I would look at that word my eyes would mess with me and I'd think it said scripture instead of sculpture
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Nov 19, '08, 3:47 pm

Thoul:And what an analysis of the sculpture! That must have taken you some time to type up.

Thank you Thoul. =) Indeed, it took me a few hours to do the research and summarize it.

NEW FACT! Did you know that Phantasy Star came was released just 1 day after the first Final Fantasy?
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Wed Nov 19, '08, 4:24 pm

Wow, they were that close together? I knew it was around the same time, but I had no idea it was that close.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Nov 19, '08, 5:24 pm

Yeah, intresting isn't it? Many of the critics who had reviewed PSI after it had been released revered to it as the model RPG. I have seen this repeated by many online reviewers as well. Those same online reviewers also said that Final Fantasy was lacking that in-depth player-character relationship offered by Phantasy Star. =)

Phantasy star: 99 - Final Fantasy: 0
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Nov 19, '08, 6:51 pm

Interesting facts regarding all those subjects, but gosh I can't get over the boiled shoe tea thing..... :yuck:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 20, '08, 3:22 pm

lol. Yeah, the Leather Tea tidbit is still my favorite too. xD

NEW FACT!!! Did you know that the Great Sphinx does NOT match any other egyption art or architecture? All other Egyptian figures have the body of a human, and the head of an animal. The figures with animal heads are depictions of their gods. Back to the main subject; the Egyptians were extremely precise in regards to their math and proportions. In fact, each corner of the Great Pyramids are facing the capital points (North, East, South, West.), and each stone is carved and placed so precisely that we still don't know how they were able to build it without the use of scaffolding or cranes. That being said, it should also be noted that the Sphinx' head is disproportionated to the body. Not only that, but there is no solid proof that the body is the product of Egyptian design.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Celeith » Thu Nov 20, '08, 7:28 pm

I actually knew that.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 20, '08, 9:07 pm

I knew some of it, but not all. I always find the Pyramids and other Egyptian stuff very cool and interesting. They seemed to be way ahead of their time in design, architecture, etc. It makes you wonder if they had some kind of help that we don't know about (one theory is possibly aliens from outer space or another distant planet). I wouldn't rule it out.

All more interesting facts, Heikabuchi. Thanks! :)

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 20, '08, 9:58 pm

I didn't know that the pyramids were lined up like that. Very interesting. It really makes you wonder how they were able to do all that so long ago.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 20, '08, 11:11 pm

Indeed. I mean, to be able to build a pyramid, you need some pretty heavy duty scaffolding... But it's not possible to use scafolding in sand because you have no solid base to build upon. I personaly believe that the Sphinx was original used to store for a semi-nomadic people somewhere during the Paleolithic era. The only problem with that hypothesis is that during the time in which the Paleolithic people roamed the Earth, Egypt was still covered in sand and couldn't support nomadic activity for the amount of time that it would take to make a structure that large. Not too long ago, a single piece of petrafied grain was found in a corner of the Sphinx. Seeing as how the Sphinx was a massive tomb, there is no reason for grain to be found there. The grain is at least 30,000 years old, and if we connect the dots... Then the Sphinx is older than 30,000 years old, and probably created in a day beefore Egypt was covered in sand. This would also horrify many researchers, because it would mean that the Earth could be millions of years older than we think it is.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation