New TV Remote

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

New TV Remote

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed May 9, '12, 5:58 am

Interesting article about this new TV Remote Control they have come up with. Some technology that has been used in the gaming world may have been used to help design this new TV remote also. The article says it may work similar to the Nintendo Wii controller. It has some dazzling new features.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/s ... 54844652/1

I am certainly for anything that will make the TV remote easier to use. Some of those things seem so complicated with so many buttons. Please, all I want is something to turn it on/off and switch the channels, lol. Oh yeah, maybe pause it too, and FF. :wink:

When you think about it though, it is really amazing how the video game technology of recent years has also influenced other areas of our lives also.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: New TV Remote

Postby Thoul » Wed May 9, '12, 10:30 pm

Just wait until they have TVs you can control completely by voice. ;) Then you won't need a remote at all.

I'm glad to see this tech getting used outside of gaming, but I expect it to be a long time before it is widespread. And of course it will only be on new TVs. It would be nice if it could be used on older TVs somehow.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Tech and Design