Obama kills fly - PETA upset

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Obama kills fly - PETA upset

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jun 18, '09, 8:56 pm

I thought about putting this one in the "ridiculous item of the day thread", but here it is:

http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/2009/0 ... watted-fly

C,mon people! Hasn't almost everyone swatted a fly at some time or other??? I know I have. Yes, if possible I will capture little animals and let them back outside, but it's almost impossible to catch a fly! Get real! :yaknow:

Anyone know if PETA has said anything about trying to save the thousands of geese that might be killed soon which is the subject of one of the other post threads here??
But, they are concerned about one pesky fly???? :ziplip:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Obama kills fly - PETA upset

Postby Darkil » Thu Jun 18, '09, 9:05 pm

This is just.............. :bang: :x :down: :yell:
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Srijita » Thu Jun 18, '09, 10:11 pm

Let me get this straight. This organisation allegedly kills 85% of rescued pets instead of making a concerted effort to rehome or care for them. At the same time, it expends time, effort, and accrued charity donations on harassing people for swatting flies and proposing George Clooney flavoured tofu?

This is surreal. Did I get my wires crossed somewhere along the line?

(As it happens, I almost never swat flies; I try to usher them to open windows. On the other hand, I'll kill a mosquito without a second thought; the damn things bite and act as vectors for infections such as dengue fever and malaria. But that's irrelevant.)
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Lemina » Thu Jun 18, '09, 11:48 pm

The news is making a huge deal of that swatted fly thing too--It's been mentioned all day around my parts. Geez--let it go.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jun 19, '09, 1:32 am

I've seen the video. I find it funny more than anything else. It's hardly news...and good job PETA...

:clap: <--more sarcastic than the first one
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Fri Jun 19, '09, 2:05 am

Srijita wrote:Did I get my wires crossed somewhere along the line?

No, but I think PETA doesn't have a straight wire left. I can no longer view them as anything other than a joke. I don't know why anyone would donate to them these days.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby DrkTr14ce » Fri Jun 19, '09, 7:30 am

You have got to be kidding me. PETA has really demonstrated here that they're officially a bunch of extremists. I mean, hearing that on a previous occasion they demanded that the band 'The Pet Shop Boys' change their name was ludicrous enough. This is...

You know what? My entire feelings about this one can easily be summed up with a picture of the Facepalming Picard.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Lucas » Fri Jun 19, '09, 11:57 am

This is stupid. Flys are one of those animals that have no real purpose other than to feed frogs. Seriously they carry diseases and breed and eat rubish and manure for goodness sake. :bang:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Sun Jun 21, '09, 7:46 am

You know, Peta actually used to do something good. Now they are just the butt of their own constant joke.

In Florida we had someone kill and mutalate 19 cats in a vicious manner. Did you hear anything, ANYTHING, about Peta going to find the person responsible? No. We have lots of animals that are abused on a daily basis, but do you see Peta doing anything? No. All Peta does anymore is whine and moan over stupid stuff. A few weeks back they wanted the Petshop Boys to change their name because they found it offensive.

I think Peta needs to get their head out of their rear end and actually start doing something good. Like uh..I dunno, helping unfortunate animals instead of a bug that will die in two days anyway.
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Darkil » Sun Jun 21, '09, 9:20 pm

I must agree with my friend at work and state that PETA is now a terrorist organization. They will destroy any building that harms animals and if that isn't a terrorist group, I don't know what is. I'm sure they used to do something but now I feel they are no better than most of the terrorists out today.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Next

Return to Amazing Animals