Rain Graph

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Rain Graph

Postby Thoul » Sat Apr 5, '08, 8:09 am

When being told of the danger that faces Motavia from the Climacontrol facility, Rolf is shown this graph of energy used by that facility and Motavia's temperature and rainfall. This image set off a lot of debate about exactly when Phantasy Star II takes place in the series' timeframe.

This image can also be selected as an avatar from the galleries on the avatar tab of the Member Control Panel.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Apr 5, '08, 8:21 am

So they lived in the 80's did they? XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby newsblade » Sat Apr 5, '08, 5:34 pm

Some say it is 86 (AW 1286), while others affirm that is just an estimative. Two facts: the Japanese version of PSII states we are in AW1284 and Rika, in our version of PSIV, also confirms it (not to mention compendium).
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Shinuzzo » Sat Apr 5, '08, 11:15 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how there would be a flood from Climatrol being damaged. It looks like the bottom part of it was already filled with water. I would be more worried about black-outs from all the energy being used.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Thoul » Sun Apr 6, '08, 1:57 am

My guess is all the energy that was being diverted from the rain aspect, according to the graph, suddenly flowed into whatever controlled the water control systems. Still, I have to wonder where all that water came from. It doesn't seem like all of it could have been stored in one building or underground.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby newsblade » Sun Apr 6, '08, 5:56 pm

My guess is all the energy that was being diverted from the rain aspect, according to the graph, suddenly flowed into whatever controlled the water control systems

Maybe that amount of energy was conducted by Climatrol (aka Automated Meteorological Data Acquisition System or "Rainmaker") for other things more important than its main functions (production of rain and irrigation)... and no rain = more temperature.

Maybe they needed to concentrate all energy to provoke a new "great flood" (perhaps an earthman's idea since they came in that "noah ship"). Maybe their first plan was "purifying" Motavia and then establish there (like it happened on the great flood of noah), that's why they didn't wanted Parma at all (every thing was settled in Mota, they just have to close the dams again to finish the job).

I have to wonder where all that water came from. It doesn't seem like all of it could have been stored in one building or underground.

I think climatrol is also a "straw", like it could suck the water underground "main land" (or should I call it "big island" instead?). It can be also seen like an ordinary (but colossal) dam controlling the water from the bottom to top (and not from a side to another, like blue, red, green mini-dams). That’s why they needed so much energy (or all of it).

newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Re: Rain Graph

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Apr 15, '17, 9:03 pm

Bumping up this former Image Of The Day.

A seemingly quiet image but surrounded by lots of controversies as stated in above posts.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Sun Apr 16, '17, 12:17 pm

Lots of controversies, indeed, but that is great as we can continue to Wonder about it for years and years ! :)
The picture itself is very interesting !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 25, '22, 1:54 pm

Rain.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499