PSIV Failed Combination Attacks

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

PSIV Failed Combination Attacks

Postby Divine Dragon » Mon Jul 16, '07, 9:19 pm

You may remember a time when we didn't have the internet to look up any kind of combination attack from PSIV, who knows, maybe you didn't do that anyway.

But, certainly in my first play through, I experimented a lot with combinations of moves, one such example was using all five Rings of the Stars in order Algol, Palma, Mota, Dexo and Rykr.. I guess I hoped for some kind of.. special defencive super move... alas, nothing.

Some others were tried too, but I unfortunately forget what they were.. The rings was one that stood out, I think.. because it was .. well.. not involving any kind of move or tech.

Oh.. I just remembered one.. haha. Vortex and Zan. I figured, hey.. wind.. plus more spinnyness.. equals.. bigger wind.. xD
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Re: PSIV Failed Combination Attacks

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Jul 17, '07, 12:29 am

I wonder what the 15th combo was supposed to be. I'd add one, but there simply isn't room for it in the code!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Tue Jul 17, '07, 12:56 am

Hm, I think a few were listed in the manual. I probably used those the most. I think one had several variations with the different levels of techs. I experimented some, but not too much. Most of the time I had trouble duplicating combos or getting the right order to pull one off.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Divine Dragon » Tue Jul 17, '07, 8:02 am

Thoul wrote:Hm, I think a few were listed in the manual. I probably used those the most. I think one had several variations with the different levels of techs. I experimented some, but not too much. Most of the time I had trouble duplicating combos or getting the right order to pull one off.
XD Ah, yes, the manual, but still, that was only a few.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Neithird » Thu Jul 19, '07, 1:26 am

Oh, I tried lots of different techs together. I can't remember all of them, but I tried lots of different things.

But I never thought of trying items. I wonder if items can be substituted for any of the techs or skills in combo attacks.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Jul 19, '07, 2:23 am

The combos that required a specific sequence were very difficult to find out on my own! I think I found Triblaster by complete accident. There are a ton of permutations to try that I think I surrendered and only found about half of the combos on my own. :p
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Divine Dragon » Thu Jul 19, '07, 2:25 am

The Komrade wrote:The combos that required a specific sequence were very difficult to find out on my own! I think I found Triblaster by complete accident. There are a ton of permutations to try that I think I surrendered and only found about half of the combos on my own. :p
Haha, Triblaster.. I must've found that on my third romp through PSIV, against the Iglanova to boot.. So it was quite welcome xD
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Return to Phantasy Star IV