Publications: Gamefan, New Issues Added

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

Publications: Gamefan, New Issues Added

Postby Thoul » Fri Jun 3, '11, 4:03 am

Tonight we have another update to the gaming magazine index in the Publications section. Nine new issues have been added, with additional details for three other magazines.

Four of the new issues are listed on the all new Gamefan page. The other new issues are Nintendo Power 162; Gamer's Republic 33; and Electronic Gaming Monthly 100, 150, and 200.

In addition, the details for Electronic Gaming Monthly 177 and 191 have been updated with new information. Scans of these issues are slated for appearances in Image of the Day soon. The page for Video magazine has also been updated with a description and history of the title.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Publications: Gamefan, New Issues Added

Postby Tweeg » Fri Jun 10, '11, 2:29 am

Very nice. Hadn't taken the time to read the Publications pages before. And you even put together a history of "Video" magazine, I'm impressed!
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Re: Publications: Gamefan, New Issues Added

Postby Thoul » Fri Jun 10, '11, 2:45 am

I'm glad you enjoyed the pages. :) I actually managed to find that issue of Video on eBay a few weeks ago, believe it or not. Once I had it, I was able to piece together a lot more information about the magazine. I didn't expect it to be so influential in the history of gaming magazines, but I became more impressed with the history as I learned more about it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Site Announcements