PStar 1,2 and 3 are awful compared to PStar 4

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: PStar 1,2 and 3 are awful compared to PStar 4

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Sun Jun 21, '09, 5:55 am

I played PSIV first. I actually found my copy in a bin at a smith's store. I loved the game so much, I went out and bought all the others. However, I fell in love with all of them. IV will always be my favorite, but I think all of the games are incredible, even PSIII which alot of people don't seem to consider a real Phantasy Star game. They all had their good points and it was nice to go back and see the whole story from the begining :happy_marle:
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Re: PStar 1,2 and 3 are awful compared to PStar 4

Postby Erpy » Sun Jun 21, '09, 9:06 pm

With me, it was the other way around. I played them in order, though I'm not sure if I actually completed PS3 before moving to PS4. PS4 was overly easy the first time around since I didn't made full use of the skill and macro system yet and didn't know about combo's yet. But even so, the sheer amount of fan service in that game resulted in nearly enough saliva loss to result in death by dehydration. The game's pacing was a welcome surprise too. While all games have their good points, I'd definitely say playing the games in order results in the most fulfilling experience.
Erpy
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 26

Previous

Return to Classic Series