PSO2.jp domain name renewed by Sega

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

PSO2.jp domain name renewed by Sega

Postby xellos667 » Wed Aug 25, '10, 12:43 pm

Not so long ago, Sega renewed the domain name PSO2.jp

We all know the 10th Anniversary of PSO is right around the corner
Sakai already mentionned that he wanted to do a special project for PSO 10th anniversary on console
And now this domain name is renewed.

So what's everyone thought about it. Phantasy Star Online 2? No official announcement yet though, but I'm sure we will hear about it soon.

Personnally, this is just another title in the online franchise. I don't care really much for now
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Re: PSO2.jp domain name renewed by Sega

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Aug 25, '10, 1:04 pm

If it is a PSO2 and if it is anything like PSO and not like PSZero, I will wet my pants.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 25, '10, 9:02 pm

Some sort of sequel makes sense. Sega should be about ready to launch a new console game in the PS series. Portable seems to have more or less taken over the Universe storyline now, so a PSO sequel could happen as the next big console game.

I would think there would have been some kind of announcement about it before now, though. The anniversary will be in December, so Sega needs to move quickly if they want to release a game in time for that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tweeg » Sun Aug 29, '10, 5:26 pm

Maybe they'll announce something about this at TGS.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Ome_Joop » Mon Aug 30, '10, 12:45 am

If it is a real PSO sequel....
It would be something like a 1000 years after the original PSO?
Ome_Joop
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Aug 30, '10, 3:50 am

Before I start speculating about game details, I'll wait for a confirmation that there is a game.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 1, '10, 1:49 am

Tweeg wrote:Maybe they'll announce something about this at TGS.

That's a good thought. The original PSO was announced at TGS, so that would be the place to watch for a major PSO related announcement.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby XXXG-00W0 WING-0 » Thu Sep 30, '10, 8:17 am

Well, the game is now confirmed for PC. What's everyone's take on that? Personally, I hate it. My PC is a wimp when it comes to 3D graphics and I don't like it for games. I would rather have a PS3 version with free online and both free and commercial DLC.
"I'm not an adult... I'M A MAN!!!" Major Ozma Lee--Macross Frontier

You know what not to do because Ceiling Cat is watching you...
XXXG-00W0 WING-0
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 17

Postby xellos667 » Thu Sep 30, '10, 1:30 pm

Personally, I just hate it because it's another online title...can't they just at least make ONE single-player game between the sea of online titles they're ** now? Even PS:P2, I just came to a point that, even if it's the best online iterations yet, it's still boring as hell, and unlike the original saga which I like to restart every now and then, I don't want to ever play to it again. I'm really tired of the online titles. It has been like that since the first Online game. Overall my hype for them is quickly killed, and boredom is killing me.

To me a good game is one I want to restart from scratch and still have fun with it. This has not happened since Phantasy Star IV (not counting the japanese remake). So after a lot of thought (While playing Portable 2), I decided that it's over. I'm not wasting any more money on online iterations of Phantasy Star. Since Sakai have taken over, all we got was boring story (Portable 2 was really something else. It was SOOOO stupid), repetitive gameplay, and a lot of boredom based on that repetition. Let's forget Kodama and Sakai (someone made me realize that it was not the work of one person who made the difference, but really the team in general). I would prefer to see Overwork take over the Phantasy Star series (last RPG I've played from them was Skies of Arcadia, which was AWESOME but it was so long ago), and stop letting Sonic Team ruining the series like they do.

Of course, the online iterations will always bring more money to Sega, so its a lost cause. Ok, its the end of my rant...
Last edited by xellos667 on Thu Sep 30, '10, 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby XXXG-00W0 WING-0 » Thu Sep 30, '10, 1:43 pm

Overworks doesn't really exist anymore. It was first renamed WOW Entertainment and then somehow absorbed into the team that now produces the Valkyria Chronicles titles.

If you want an awesome series (by now it is one) that you can start and replay at will, even if it is not Phantasy Star, yet still has an epic feel to it, go and get that one. Right now it is the best RPG series out there in my opinion. The second was just released on PSP (international market, the Japanese version was released nearly a year ago) and the third will be released early next year.

So far, Valkyria is better than even the original Phantasy Star for me.

Lower those tridents and torches.
........please?
"I'm not an adult... I'M A MAN!!!" Major Ozma Lee--Macross Frontier

You know what not to do because Ceiling Cat is watching you...
XXXG-00W0 WING-0
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 17

Next

Return to Phantasy Star General