PSO Quests - Which were good, which were bad?

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

PSO Quests - Which were good, which were bad?

Postby Neithird » Thu Apr 5, '07, 5:17 pm

For those that have played PS Online, what did you think of all the Hunter's Guild quests? Were there any you especially enjoyed or prizes you really liked? Maybe there are some "stinkers" that are really, really bad or not worth the time?
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Re: PSO Quests - Which were good, which were bad?

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 5, '07, 11:27 pm

The quests are good as a way to break up the monotony of dungeon crawling. I'm not sure how many of them I did, but it could have been too many since I didn't play after the first release. Most of the prizes, that I remember at least, weren't anything to get excited over. The claw weapons were pretty nice, though. Not that practical in the long run, but a nice little thing to get.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Sharline » Wed Apr 25, '07, 5:53 pm

Where did you get claw weapons? Unless you mean from monster drops...

I like SoaB (Soul of a Blacksmith) in Ultimate difficulty level. If you get to Caves 3 and get the mineral there, you can get either Suppressed Gun, God Hand, or Technical Crozier from the guy when you complete it. Otherwise you get a stupid normal weapon.

I hate the first quests in Normal difficulty. Unless you're fast or a RAnger class, you probably won't get much EXP out of Battle Training, due to KIREEK being level 36 compared to your 1, and dealing 85-88 damage in one hit.

Addicting Food I just hate, unless I'm rare-hunting. It's the best quest to hunt for Mil Lilies, they're everywhere. Lost Bride is just annoying...

Mines quests in general just suck.

Ruins I haven't gotten to in Ultimate yet, but they're really quite monotonous, as far as my other experiences of them go.
Sharline
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 1

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 26, '07, 3:38 am

It's been a while, so I don't really remember... I think the claws came from an online quest on the Dreamcast. They were pretty rare though. I think there were only two claws that could be found, unlike the other weapon types that had several variations. They weren't very powerful either, so they were mainly just there for the coolness factor of having a claw. ;)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Sharline » Thu Apr 26, '07, 1:42 pm

I know a couple. Photon Claw, Silence Claw, Nei's Claw. There's also Booma's, Gobooma's, and Gigobooma's claws, too.
Sharline
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 26, '07, 7:35 pm

Ah, I only remembered the Photon Claw and Nei's Claw. They must have added some more after the last time I played.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Sharline » Thu Apr 26, '07, 8:06 pm

Maybe. I don't know if the others were in the original Dreamcast version or not.
Sharline
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby Tweeg » Mon Jun 29, '09, 4:12 am

Nei's Claw was an optional reward at the end of TTF in Hard/Very Hard modes I believe. I never kept any of them as they could only be equipped by female characters.

Online, TTF (Towards The Future) was a lot of fun. If you had a good group then FMA (Famitsu Maximum Attack) was a incredibly fun to play also. Well, anywho, mostly I enjoyed playing the online V2 quests, though original (V1) quests where you were contracted by the military to go wipe out large groups of enemies was always a neat experience when you made it to the final area where the hordes of enemies would appear and the camera angle would change.

Offline, Mome quests! :lol: Just kidding! he was a real pain to have to protect.
There are some really moving and intriguing offline quests that I enjoy. Waterfall Tears, From the Depths, Seek My Master, all very good quests. I think the only regret concerning Dreamcast PSO is the lack of an explanation to the very unsatisfactory conclusion to the Sue & Bernie Subplot. More storyline for these two characters please! And Black Paper, what on Ragol was up with that!?
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Darkil » Mon Jun 29, '09, 1:42 pm

I hated Addicting Food! It was just aggrivating and the only reason to do it was for God Hand. I think PSO Episodes 1 & 2 had some better quests, especially for Episode 2. There was one that was online only but you had to do some tower quests and those were quite fun, albeit difficult. Definitely was awesome and showed how great Sega was in taking care of the Franchise. Shame that now it's all "dust in the wind".
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Return to Phantasy Star General