PSO anyone?

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

PSO anyone?

Postby r3alP » Sun Jun 27, '10, 8:00 am

I was wondering if anyone was playing on a private server still. I'm playing on the Schthack servers. If you were ever curious about playing you should give it a shot. I can still run it on a laptop even with integrated graphics. PSO is all about good times and casual play. We can play up to 4 people per team. Just let me know (no pressure).
r3alP
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 20

Re: PSO anyone?

Postby xellos667 » Sun Jun 27, '10, 3:00 pm

I played once, only to try Episode IV, but for me, Phantasy Star is all about playing offline (I'm not very social :) ). I still play PSO, but mostly offline on my Gamecube/Wii
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Thoul » Mon Jun 28, '10, 5:01 pm

I've tried to play on Schthack a couple of times, but I just don't have the free time available to stick with it long enough to make anything of a character. My account there has lapsed at least twice. Leveling is just too slow for my liking in PSO.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Rick » Tue Jun 29, '10, 12:31 am

Well.. he doesn't know how to configure episode 3 right. Most of the chars abilities don't work and he can't figure out why.

He never played Episode 3 online so of course he doesn't get it. Each character was changed online from their abilities and stats. Nerfed and enhanced. Also certain cards were changed.

He doesn't have that information so the episode 3 part is shoddy.

Also trying to play the DC version with Gamecube players is.. iffy.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Tweeg » Thu Jul 1, '10, 2:06 pm

If you're going to play on Schtack's you need to either play Blue Burst or the DC version.

DC Version plays well and they've even created new quests for it, only downside being hackers are a big problem in the DC version.

PSO: BB Is the best version of the bunch that Schtack's hosts. Hacking isn't allowed, not to say its impossible, which makes for a much better play experience. My main problem with it though is that most of the people who play aren't very sociable. It's a complete 180 from the sense of community that existed on the official DC game servers. My character is presently level fifty-something on BB. Leveling goes a lot slower because I've found that most of the players have no sense of team work and co-operation. Rather most of the players will act recklessly and do whatever they care to do, including endangering other team members, so long as it benefits themselves. And this is why I don't play it very often anymore.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 1, '10, 6:10 pm

I had problems with my virus scanner and the Schtack version of Blue Burst. The scanner kept saying there was a virus in one of the modified BB files. I think it was a false positive, but I eventually uninstalled BB when not playing just to get the virus scanner to stop complaining.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jul 1, '10, 7:17 pm

Tweeg wrote:PSO: BB Is the best version of the bunch that Schtack's hosts. Hacking isn't allowed, not to say its impossible, which makes for a much better play experience. My main problem with it though is that most of the people who play aren't very sociable. It's a complete 180 from the sense of community that existed on the official DC game servers. My character is presently level fifty-something on BB. Leveling goes a lot slower because I've found that most of the players have no sense of team work and co-operation. Rather most of the players will act recklessly and do whatever they care to do, including endangering other team members, so long as it benefits themselves. And this is why I don't play it very often anymore.
It is true that a lot of the people there are anti-social, but the last time I played, you had to join a decent team/guild to find people to play with (I am one of those people who never bothered with that). On easier difficulties, I would party with people, but the higher my level? More inclined I was to solo since I hate rare hunting only to have someone swipe what I found. >_<

On that note, they fixed the drop rates on there and it feels harder to get certain rares now (rare monsters included). So one rare weapon I've always wanted (Lavis), I'll probably never find naturally, so I would have to trade someone to get it. Mind you, and I often got ripped off through trading. =) So I'd rather hunt with ridiculous odds that aren't in my favor.

I used to have PSO on my comp, but unfortunately I uninstalled it since I had no one to play with (none of my friends were interested anymore) and I grew bored of it after soloing Ruins in Ultimate mode with my RAcast at around level 90 (got 30+ levels in the process! Plus it was difficult, but fun!). :D

If I had people to play with, then cool. But, I don't, and it's hard to meet up with anyone on Schthack from the forums (sorry) unless I actually had their MSN or some other means of harassing 'em to play. PMs work, but you never know when other people will be online. :(

'Kay, back to disappearing for me. =)
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Celeith » Fri Jul 2, '10, 1:52 am

This isn't my character but this was one of the Legendary Weapons I found on PSO that I enjoyed the most. The Heart of Poumn.. The description says it was a claw crafted for Alis Landale but it most likely was a weird translation on the games part.. Most likely its the Silver Tusk updated.. But anyways it was one of the ones I searched for the longest and was happy when I finally got it.

Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Jul 3, '10, 8:36 am

Me and Tsunami recently got on the Schthack servers and were playing. We beat the dragon. ^_^ I'm a level 5 HUmar right now.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby r3alP » Sun Nov 13, '11, 5:48 am

Anyone playing? New installer gives no excuses, lol. I had to start over. I think I am level 16 now.
r3alP
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 20

Next

Return to Phantasy Star General