PSIV Slashers

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

PSIV Slashers

Postby Divine Dragon » Wed Jul 18, '07, 3:31 pm

I think, .. perhaps the general opinion of Slashers was that .. they were incredibly weak up to the point of uselessness. Except in Alys' case who had a quite useful skill set for them.
But with Kyra... anytime I play PSIV, she always just has on two shields..

So, what do you all think?

Do you think perhaps that the slashers could have done with... some kind of set damage rate when used in a normal attack, much like the guns from PSI?
Last edited by Divine Dragon on Thu Jul 19, '07, 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Celeith » Wed Jul 18, '07, 6:55 pm

nah i think they work how the game makes them sound out, a slasher isnt used for major damage but to strike down and weaken many foes so your allies can deal the finishing blow..
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Divine Dragon » Wed Jul 18, '07, 9:44 pm

Kaloes wrote:nah i think they work how the game makes them sound out, a slasher isnt used for major damage but to strike down and weaken many foes so your allies can deal the finishing blow..
Haha, I guess I'm just used to The Komrade's hack..
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Re: PSIV Slashers [Darnit I placed this in the wrong section

Postby Neithird » Thu Jul 19, '07, 2:09 am

Kyra's pretty good with two slashers. She's not going to one-hit KO anything, but she does a respectable amount of damage. They would have been better with a few more to stagger the power increases of the slashers.

I've never actually tried the two shields thing on any of the characters. I always give them a weapon so they can knock some heads. :lol:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Re: PSIV Slashers

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Jul 19, '07, 2:20 am

The Slashers are pretty useless in my hack, but like Neithird said, they are more for weakening the enemies rather than taking them all out at once. I found them pretty useful in the unhacked version of PSIV.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Divine Dragon » Thu Jul 19, '07, 2:22 am

:rofl: So yeah, just me then.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Fogeltje » Thu Jul 19, '07, 5:40 am

Au contraire, I immediately got rid of Kyra's shield and got her another Slasher, then setting up a combo with Wren attacking first with his Pulse Cannon and then Kyra. Especially once she has gained quite some levels, her agility (I think it was agility that determined the chance of attacking first) is high enough to provide a reasonable chance of Kyra striking before monsters. The Wren and Kyra combo usually wipes out the whole screen, of course depending on the type of foe. When I encounter very strong enemies I of course take another combo with Rika and Chaz striking first to take out one or two enemies before they can attack (since I know the Wren/Kyra combo will leave all of them alive).
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jul 19, '07, 6:03 am

I always gave Kyra a second Slasher -- I love 'em. :mrgreen: I never found them to be useless at all, since Kyra always did a decent amount of damage.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Jul 19, '07, 7:34 am

^Same here
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Divine Dragon » Fri Jul 20, '07, 11:29 am

:rofl: Well yeah, try out Komrade's patch.. then try using them.

I reeaaaaally, should have remembered the version I was playing wasn't the norm.. xD

Even then, with Kyra, I still didn't use her slashers...just because I always preferred her magic.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV