Moar Rika fan service.

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Moar Rika fan service.

Moar Rika fan service.

View Gallery Page

Moar Rika fan service.

Postby Xander » Wed Jul 21, '10, 3:54 pm

Lucas, get in here!

Well it took a week of waiting to get it coloured but it's finally over. With this piece I wanted to do something a little more original and try a few things out in the process. I got a couple of ideas and went to work. I was aiming for something a little more cutesy this time.

Yes I know it's the third piece of Rika related art I've done but what the hell, it's an original piece and I'm quite please with how it turned out. :D
I'm debating what to do for a background so it's all subject to change. As much as the yellow suits her (I have no idea why) I really want to try and do something different, but I'm limited by the software. I'll maybe need to look at layers again and try something out. So the white will suffice for now.

Anyhoo, blah de blah, blah bla blee bloo. Comments and critique are welcome as always. :)
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: Moar Rika fan service.

Postby xellos667 » Wed Jul 21, '10, 4:09 pm

Who cares if it's another Rika piece. It's really cute, really well-colored and really loves it. I don't think there's a need for background
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jul 21, '10, 4:40 pm

Yes, it looks like the wait for your pencils was worth it Xan. It's beautifully coloured. Though, *ahem* I was never a fan of her or her outfit design. ;)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Xander » Wed Jul 21, '10, 5:17 pm

Hehe, yeah I know. The idea for this just came to me one day (going for a walk in the woods seems to set my imagination off) and I came up with this. While it's not a style I'd normally draw, the simplicity of it made it good for a first original and the chance to add some character. While I was wanting to draw full arms, when I got to that I couldn't get it right. I had already drawn most of it out and decided that rather than mark the paper further and risk making a mess I'd just do this and it seemed to add to the picture.

I didn't use the new pencils as much as I anticipated, but they did come in handy for tidying up the highlights and removing the tiny white specks from the black, even if the scanning process adds more. :D

Anyhoo, keep the feedback coming. Just in case I missed something important. :o

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby H-Man » Wed Jul 21, '10, 5:28 pm

I like it. One-piece costume and thigh-high boots? I'm down. Her head seems rather big, compared to the width of her shoulders. But she looks very nice.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Xander » Wed Jul 21, '10, 5:37 pm

That's true, it does look a little big. Thanks for pointing it out. :up:

Now I look at it, I think if I'd made the shoulders a bit wider it might have helped. I think it was my problem with drawing her arms that made it go a bit narrow. But given the focus is on her head (stop gawking at her chest!) I could probably get away with it. But I'll need to watch that next time I draw someone without any big shoulder guards or cloaks on.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jul 21, '10, 7:13 pm

Well, her face is what makes it a winner for me. Really great job there. :clap: It looks fine the way it is, although A background might really set it off also. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. :)
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lucas » Thu Jul 22, '10, 12:15 am

Xander wrote:Lucas, get in here!

I’m here, what did I miss, OMG it’s Rika.

Excellent Rika artwork, I definitely like this piece and also because she has an original pose as well. Definitely a cutie and I also like how well you made the light shines on her hair stand out it. Overall great colouring and shading too. :up:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Aeroprism » Thu Jul 22, '10, 12:18 am

So who's the rascal who put an icecube in the back of her outfit?

She seems to enjoy it at the very least.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jul 22, '10, 2:23 am

She likes she has caught a permanent giggle bug.

And that's it for my usual snarky art comment. Either way, as usual, Xander, this is very well done!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Next

Return to Artwork