Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PSIV - AW 2274

PSIV - AW 2274

View Gallery Page

Post subject: PSIV - AW 2274
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, '10, 6:43 pm 
Hmm, I seem to be in Overdrive mode today. ^^ One of the few traditional fan-art mediums that I have submitted so far. I won't be doing any digital work for a while, unless it's a request. I sort of missed doing the good 'ol pencil shading on paper method. Pure pencil shading with a 0.7mm mechanical pencil and a normal HB pencil. I don't use any special tools really. I just make do with what I have at home.

So this little scene takes place 10 years before the events of PS IV, and shortly after Alys' mentor Galf, has passed away, and Rune is just there to provide a little support... Little does Al know that the jerk is about to abandon her... >< On Galf's orders, of course. Al needs to grow up now.

Post subject: Re: PSIV - AW 2274
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, '10, 6:58 pm 
Wow nice. Not to diminish your digital work but I prefer this by far!

You must have a really agile hand!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, '10, 7:03 pm 
Yes, I am thinking of going back to my traditional media roots. Sure, it takes a little longer, but it tends to be more rewarding. And yes, my left-hand is pretty agile. That's just my style of pencil drawing. I've never been able to draw rigid shapes or styles free-hand. ^^

There's also very little monochromatic artwork on the site. Most of it's in colour. Black and white can be very dramatic at times. Always a classic.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, '10, 7:09 pm 
A leftie! Gimme a hug!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, '10, 7:13 pm 
Are you a leftie as well?! :o They so hard to come by. ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, '10, 8:21 pm 
That's amazing Lyla. I don't think I could ever do something half as good as that. You can just feel the love and sadness in this pic too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, '10, 9:01 pm 
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, '10, 9:50 pm 
Very well done. Personally, I would have imagined them to look a little younger, since this is happening ten years before the game's story. But even so, you represented them well. The shadows on Rune's face are a nice touch.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, '10, 10:32 pm 
Awww, that's really sweet. :) Nice work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, '10, 11:43 pm 
Very, very beautiful work. I feel touched by their embrace. Alys looks so vulnerable, a side that is seen to few.

Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next