PSIV - AW 2274

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

PSIV - AW 2274

PSIV - AW 2274

View Gallery Page

Re: PSIV - AW 2274

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jul 20, '10, 4:42 am

Very tender and emotional scene! :clap:

Although I sometimes prefer the colored drawings, I have to admit that there is definitely something intriguing about the black/white drawings. Looking forward to more. :yes:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Jul 20, '10, 8:43 am

Thank you for the comments, everyone. I actually have another fan-art in the process, also done in traditional media. I won't say anything yet, but I can give you one clue.

Tanith is going to be over the moon. ^^
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jul 21, '10, 7:55 pm

Here's the sepia-toned image, with the brightness and contrast upped by a bit. Out of the 3 traditional mediums that I've submitted so far, I still like this one the most, probably because of the emotions involved and the fact that you never see Alys and Rune like this in PS4. I really would have loved to see more of them, instead of Chaz and Rika... :(
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Jul 21, '10, 8:16 pm

Which one do you prefer between the sepia and the pencil one?

I prefer the pencil version by far. The sepia filter seems to remove details, it makes the whole image lose part of its soul, its charm.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Jul 22, '10, 5:00 pm

Aeroprism wrote:Which one do you prefer between the sepia and the pencil one?

I prefer the pencil version by far. The sepia filter seems to remove details, it makes the whole image lose part of its soul, its charm.

No, no, you misunderstood me, Aero. :) I probably should have made myself clearer by saying that I prefered the pencil/original version of this image to the sepia one. And I do agree with you that these images of mine do seem to have... souls. Almost like they're alive, because of the emotions invoked in the artwork.

It's probably the fact that I have such a good understanding of the personalities involved that I can let these characters portray such emotions. And out of all the PS characters, I seem to understand Alys and Rune the most. Weird, but so true. Though I seem to have a weird bond with Al, from the moment I played the game 9 years ago, she still remains my favourite character, and I doubt any video game character could ever surpass her, RPG or otherwise. She has always had a special place in my heart.

So yeah, enough of my artist talk. That's just me.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Previous

Return to Artwork