PSIII - which time frame do you prefer?

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Postby Neithird » Fri Aug 3, '07, 2:09 pm

Didn't Dark Force say something about destroying the 400 ships in one ending, too? I guess he could have been lying, but...

PSIV also says that most of the ships left the solar system,

No, it says a few left, but most landed on Mota or Dezo. That is hard to believe considering there's no sign of giant domes, but I guess they might have landed in the parts of Mota that flooded or buried under snow on Dezo. It does make more sense for there to have been only a few worldships.

The whole idea of people escaping into space is flawed thanks to the space travel ban. I guess there were a lot of space pirates like Tyler.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Shinuzzo » Fri Aug 3, '07, 3:27 pm

Well, we don't know how closely the Palmans were following Mother Brain. I'm guessing that's at least part of the reason why the Earthman decided to destroy their planet.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Tsunami » Fri Aug 3, '07, 11:33 pm

Neithird wrote:Didn't Dark Force say something about destroying the 400 ships in one ending, too? I guess he could have been lying, but...

Yes, he does brag about it. :mrgreen:
Dark Force:
Wasn't that ship explosion a blast? I destroyed one of
the two remaining ships left out of the original 400;
you're the last one now! I'll finish your ship off 1,000
years hence.

I don't think that Dark Force necessarily lied, as I blame Sega for this more than anything. It's not consistant, that's for sure.

I'll go on ahead and quote what Rika says in PSIV, since we should refresh our memories. :D
RIKA: Wait... This is not the only ship that escaped from Parma! It
seems that other similar ships were able to escape successfully.
Most of them landed either in Motavia or Dezolis, but it looks
like some of them went right out of the Algo solar system. I
can't get an accurate number, but it looks like some tens of
ships.

CHAZ: ...So they're still continuing their flight... somewhere in the
universe...

After looking at what Rika says, there's too many contradictions. She also says that she couldn't get an accurate number and that most of them landed on Motavia or Dezolis...while in PSIII, they say that most were destroyed by Dark Force.

I won't say that PSIV's entirely right, since that would make a lot of the points in PSIII invalid. Besides, who's to say that there is only one truth? There's too many conflicting ideas. :bang:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Sat Aug 4, '07, 5:09 am

Yes, clearly I don't remember it as well as I thought. :sweat:

Well, whatever the case on the number and destination, I still stand by the idea that there were likely only a few worldships. They would take a massive amount of resources to build; probably more than would be available on Palma alone.

Well, we don't know how closely the Palmans were following Mother Brain. I'm guessing that's at least part of the reason why the Earthman decided to destroy their planet.

That's true... it was said that the government of Palma named Rolf as a criminal, but that could have been misinformation generated by Mother Brain herself. I guess for all we know, the Palmans might have been planning to flee for centuries.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Shinuzzo » Sat Aug 4, '07, 5:17 am

Well, I took another look at the Compendium and it seemed there was an underground resistance in Palma formed when Mother Brain took control. They must have spread to Motavia at some point.

Oh yeah, I'm guessing there were some spare ships on Palma. They might not have been scrapped when Mother Brain outlawed space travel.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Postby Thoul » Sat Aug 4, '07, 5:41 am

That thing about an underground resistance is the most unreliable statement in the Compendium, IMO. There's nothing related to it in the games at all. It feels like something that was made up in a fan fiction.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Shinuzzo » Sat Aug 4, '07, 6:08 am

Well, why try to isolate the planets by outlawing space travel then if there wasn't something going on in secret? Why pick those two particular ships to crash into each other?
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Postby Celeith » Sat Aug 4, '07, 7:06 am

didnt mother brain say she made those two ships crash into each other because she thought rolf was on there and tried to kill him in the explosions? heh i'm bored, im gonna go pick up my genesis collection on the PS2 and play PSII ^_^
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Neithird » Sat Aug 4, '07, 10:51 pm

Lutz said something about Rolf being on the ships; I don't think Mother Brain did.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Sat Aug 4, '07, 11:58 pm

Well, why try to isolate the planets by outlawing space travel then if there wasn't something going on in secret? Why pick those two particular ships to crash into each other?

I think those particular ships just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or it could have been the presence of Rolf's family; killing off the last of the royal bloodline would have been a nice bonus for the Earthmen.

Outlawing space travel was a way to prevent communication and make the people more reliant on Mother Brain. Eh, "more reliant" is not really how I want to phrase that, but the proper word escapes me at the moment. Ocean travel was also banned on Mota, for the same reason - Mother Brain wanted everyone to be couch potatoes, so they would not be able to provide any resistance when her intentions became known.

It is possible that there was an underground resistance on Palma, but that seems like a big thing to leave out of the game. No one on Mota, except Rolf and his party, resists Mother Brain at all.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star III