PSIII Undiscovered Data

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Postby al » Fri Aug 10, '07, 7:27 pm

Hello everyone, this is mr2 from the gamefaqs board.

Tsunami wrote:I've known that Kara (most likely the warrior version) was a boss, but dunno if the sprite's viewable....
As for some of the missing enemies, some do appear on the GBA release of Phantasy Star Collection. A few enemies I've seen are the Twistbot, Swivlbot, and Rotabot group.

I thought I saw them somewhere. They are weird.

As for Kara, I was able to put here in place of Rulakir, she's went down in 1 Nei Claw hit, so she's pretty weak if she's supposed to show up in the third generation. Her sprite also looked familar. I'm thinking someone hacked the game years ago and posted the screenshot.

I can swap monsters comletely, or just their stats, names, sprites, colors or animations. What I can't do is add the hidden enemies without taking some away (not a big deal to take out a Goatman and still have the Goatduke and Goatking), but that would mean I'd have to take out a boss to put Kara in. Not being able to swap portraits will make it weird to have Siren babbling and Kara show up for the fight.

As for a solo-Sari; it would be very easy for the first half of the game, but being limited to only no defense knives makes it tough, plus the knives only go up to Laconian (Royal never shows up and there are no Planar/legendary/Nei knives). Lashute would be harder with Sari than with non-bossy, healing Kara.

Making a hell mode seems pretty simple, just time consuming (I don't know how to make a patch, but I can hack and save the Rom). This would be done for Gens.

What I would like to find is the item shop inventory so I can have them sell all the Royal equipment that never shows up in the game.
I need to look for the required XP table as that would mean I don't have to hack 180 enemies XP given for the Hell mode.
I still haven't found Dark Forces hands. This is pretty wierd as the left hand casts level 99 Gires which should make finding the hand real easy.
There's actually a bunch more stuff neither The Komrade nor I have found, but with what we have we can alter the games thoroughly. From what we've found the development was certainly rushed and/or understaffed.
al
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Thoul » Fri Aug 10, '07, 10:30 pm

Welcome to the community. :)

So which Kara was it? Do you happen to have a screenshot of her?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby al » Fri Aug 10, '07, 10:46 pm

thanks.

it's the pushy Kara, the one that starts with high stats but need 50k XP to gain her first level.
I don't have a screen shot made, yet. I can e-mail one to anyone who requests it, otherwise i'll use it as ransom to force people into playing the hack :evil:
al
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Divine Dragon » Fri Aug 10, '07, 10:48 pm

Welcome, al. :)

Wowza, you two really have put a lot into this, and as for the putting Kara in for a boss, it should be possible to at least edit the text so the boss says something to the effect of.. "Now.. go Kara, defend me".
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby al » Fri Aug 10, '07, 11:09 pm

I was thinking I'd have Lune talk about being a shape-shifter and turn into Kara.

Finding the info wasn't too bad, once The Komrade got me on my first step. I may actually be able to use Excel to automatically increase all the enemies' stats and paste all the updated info back into the hex editor, this way increasing or decreasing the difficulty the next time would literally take a minute. Script modifications will take much, much longer (I'm debating if I even want to touch the script).
al
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Aug 10, '07, 11:40 pm

Welcome to the board, al! Glad you could join us. :wave:
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Sat Aug 11, '07, 12:04 am

al wrote:thanks.

it's the pushy Kara, the one that starts with high stats but need 50k XP to gain her first level.
I don't have a screen shot made, yet. I can e-mail one to anyone who requests it, otherwise i'll use it as ransom to force people into playing the hack :evil:

Well, then I'm making a request. :D I've been wanting to see the Kara sprite since I found out about it.

And for good measure, I'll try out the hack too. :) Should be interesting.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Aug 11, '07, 2:00 am

Ah, welcome! You'll find some expert fans here! That is strange about the DF hands. They must be hiding with the gems someplace!

Creating a patch is really simple. Just download LunarIPS. When you run it, you can apply a patch or create one. To create one, all you need is the original PSIII rom you hacked from, and also the version of PSIII that you hacked all the changes into. So just an original and a hacked version. LunarIPS will create a patch.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby al » Sat Aug 11, '07, 7:23 am

Maybe someone can help me; I'm tring to multiple every 30th byte and leave the 29 in between alone, this is for 50 lines x 30 bytes. If try it in the hex editor it'll multiple everything. Is there a way to tell the Hex editor to multiple only the 30th byte for a range of offsets?

I can do the column's multiplication in excel, by changing the Hex values to decimal and then multipling. The probablem is when i go to change it back to a Hex value i lose the preceeding zeros. for example;

0005 converted to decimal -> 0005 then multipled by 2 (doubled) -> 0010 converted back to Hex -> A
I need the A to be 000A
since Excel treats Hex as text i can't tell it to put the cell values in 0000 format. Any excel experts here?

edit; I found a way around it. To increase values by 50%;
multiple by 3 and then divide by two in hex editor.
Copy As hex string
Paste in excel, text to column (change cells from General to Text format)
select the columns that you want increased by 50% (enemy HP, def...) and paste over the spreadsheet with the original data.
copy the data and Paste Special CF_TEXT back into the Hex editor.

i made all the front row enemies have 50% more HP, ATK, DEF XP and, meseta
al
Citizen
Citizen

Postby al » Wed Aug 22, '07, 4:32 am

I made a slightly modifed PSIII patch, look here for the updates/changes;

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=37633911

the patch can be found here;
http://www.geocities.com/acantili/index.htm

feel free to add it to the site it you like, if not than wait a couple of months for a more throughly tested and upgraded PSIII
al
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star III