PSIII Easy Edition & Aridia Testing

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Postby Celeith » Sat Jan 5, '08, 6:56 pm

Now if we could just have PSIII look like PSIV in terms of graphics. I wish I knew how to hack roms and work with editing everything like those guys did with Pkm Shiny Gold, I would edit everything in PSIV to look like PSIII and add story and everything that would be needed and more. Maybe we should form a team to hack the PSIV rom and recreate PSIII
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby hugues » Sun Jan 6, '08, 11:27 pm

Kaloes wrote:Now if we could just have PSIII look like PSIV in terms of graphics. I wish I knew how to hack roms and work with editing everything like those guys did with Pkm Shiny Gold, I would edit everything in PSIV to look like PSIII and add story and everything that would be needed and more. Maybe we should form a team to hack the PSIV rom and recreate PSIII

It's probably a lot less work to figure out how to edit the sprites in PSIII than the maps in PSIV. I haven't really put much effort into figuring out how the sprites are stored, it's actually fairly low on my list at the moment. Although if someone else figured it out I'd be glad to bump it up on the list :wink:

In terms of knowing how to hack roms... it's really just a matter of trial and error. There's a fairly good tutorial here: http://www.nhl94.com/html/editing/edit.asp
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Celeith » Mon Jan 7, '08, 12:06 am

true it would be alot less work to re edit the PSIII rom to look updated, but wouldnt it be nice to have a PSIV style battle for PSIII
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby hugues » Wed Jan 9, '08, 12:21 am

Kaloes wrote:true it would be alot less work to re edit the PSIII rom to look updated, but wouldnt it be nice to have a PSIV style battle for PSIII

I actually prefer the PSIII battle style because it's so much faster than the rest of the series. OK, first time through I prefer the animated battles, especially seeing new enemies in action. After playing all the games multiple times, I've come to appreciate getting the battles done quicker. That's just me though.
hugues
Android
Android

Postby hugues » Fri Jan 11, '08, 10:15 pm

If anyone's curious I plan to start the graphics editing this weekend.. but it'll be at least a month until it's done. No, it won't take a solid month of work, just a couple 1-2 blocks over the next 3-4 weekends.

I'll probably add some warnings around the fields that were identified to produce unpredictable results too. If there are any other tweaks/fixes you want to see in the next version please post them here.
hugues
Android
Android

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jan 11, '08, 11:07 pm

Will the technique editing be removed from the next update? It doesn't seem to do much, other than jumble the technique menus from what I saw (and really mess up Rhys). :p
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby hugues » Sat Jan 12, '08, 2:17 pm

Tsunami wrote:Will the technique editing be removed from the next update? It doesn't seem to do much, other than jumble the technique menus from what I saw (and really mess up Rhys). :p

50/50 - I might make it a free-form field instead of drop-down for those who want to experiment with it. It'll probably be one of those "modify at your own risk" fields. I'd rather leave it and let people see what happens than totally remove it.
hugues
Android
Android

Previous

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More