More Profiles, Spoiler Hiding, PSIV Credits Added

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

More Profiles, Spoiler Hiding, PSIV Credits Added

Postby Thoul » Mon Sep 10, '07, 4:54 am

New Profiles have been added for Rhys, Orakio, Rulakir, Saiki, and Landen. The Alisa III profile has also been updated slightly. As you might guess, I'm starting on the PSIII profiles now.

A Game Credits page is now available in the Phantasy Star IV section.

I have also added a new feature to hide the spoiler notice on the profile pages. You can hide the notice on a specific page or all pages by clicking one of the links that now appears at the bottom of the notice. This entails some stylesheet and javascript changes, so you may need to reload the page in your browser before it will work correctly.

The spoiler hiding feature uses cookies, so the privacy policy has been updated to reflect that.

And finally, I've updated the Links page again with some more new links.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Sep 12, '07, 1:07 am

Very nice! I didn't know that the king of Landen had a name.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 12, '07, 7:59 pm

I never noticed that until recently either. I was surprised when I saw his name was the same as the director, too. I wish they had left that tidbit in the English version.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Sep 13, '07, 12:19 am

Yeah, they should have left that in. There's tons of room in the rom to add something like that... do you know if PSIII was rushed into publishing? So many things about PSIII like this seem unfinished.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Thu Sep 13, '07, 8:03 pm

Yeah, it had a very short development cycle, so they didn't get enough time to put everything in. Originally the game was supposed to cover multiple worldships and even ship to ship battles. I think it was just too much for the staff to handle, given the short time frame they had to work on it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tsunami » Thu Sep 13, '07, 8:27 pm

Thoul wrote:Yeah, it had a very short development cycle, so they didn't get enough time to put everything in. Originally the game was supposed to cover multiple worldships and even ship to ship battles. I think it was just too much for the staff to handle, given the short time frame they had to work on it.

I knew it was on a tight schedule, but I didn't know about the worldship battles part. :o Makes me wonder how that would've happened and how they would've handled that...
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Thu Sep 13, '07, 10:32 pm

Yeah, no kidding. If they had the time they needed to fully develop the ideas they were working on originally, PSIII would have been a totally different experience. Imagine what the game could have been like if they made it today, instead of in the Genesis era. :hyper:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Sep 14, '07, 1:03 am

!??! Worldship battles! Multiple Worldships?!? Somebody wake up Rieko Kodama and have her get the band back together to make this game properly!! That would be a very interesting game, to say the least!
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Return to Site Announcements