PSII Text Adventures

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Re: PSII Text Adventures

Postby Tanith » Sat Jun 26, '10, 9:09 pm

Xander wrote:I'd have to say Hugh certainly has quite a weird adventure. Using and ID card to cut electric cables, using a shampoo bottle to send the reactor into overload and to top it all off the whole thing is his fault. :D
*snort* That's great. :D I guess I'm most looking forward to Kind's game. His game seems to have a lot going on in it. Everything Thoul has posted here about that game makes me think it's like Bladerunner v. Robocop or something. I'm sure it's not that exciting, but it's Kain! :D
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Xander » Sat Jun 26, '10, 9:34 pm

It is quite good too, though a bit of a long haul, but it does have one particular 'Kain' moment while showing his other more human side throughout. Such as blowing up a bar after a dodgy repair job on an air conditioning unit to trying to stop some fool gangster from getting themselves killed on a suicide mission and protecting his friend so they can escape the city together. It's quite good.

I like these games for the humour they introduce too. It's what makes them good. Such as when Amy has to use her feminine charms to get her captor to let her go and when Shir eavesdrops at the wrong hotel room door. :yaknow:
Last edited by Xander on Sat Jun 26, '10, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby OhNoHumans » Sun Jul 11, '10, 11:11 am

Really?! Just Rolf and Rudo's are left... That's a huge relief.

I mentioned it on a thread in the games section that I was trying to trudge my way through "Eusis's Adventure". I decided to transcribe the text of the script (I am fairly certain I have not missed any at my current point) and am taking screencaps of it as well. I hope I am not far off from being complete!

Other than that... Well I started Amy's Adventure (and stupidly ruined the gist of the plot for myself)... Ah well it's still pretty fun. ^_^
"...Please don't look at me that way. It's not nice."
OhNoHumans
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 9

Postby OhNoHumans » Tue Jul 13, '10, 3:06 am

Wait... The Nei one is a d-d-demo?! Oh well I can still play through it anyway. =|

Still though, I thought that more than half of them had yet to be translated.
OhNoHumans
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby Xander » Tue Jul 13, '10, 12:03 pm

Nope, just Rudo and Rolf really. Though the Nei one must be demo form or bugged. I couldn't seem to get very far during my first playthrough and when I tried it a second time I couldn't even get as far as the last time. A pity really.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby OhNoHumans » Wed Jul 14, '10, 7:03 am

Well that sucks. It was already put up so long ago too, you gotta wonder about why they just did that. I downloaded it myself and only played until I got the first thing she obtains. It was pretty late and I'm already currently on Amy's game.

And for the remaining two, if only I could get ahold of um, mijet was it? One of those guys.
OhNoHumans
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby Thoul » Wed Jul 14, '10, 6:53 pm

Nei's game is simply very difficult. There's a particular trick to advancing beyond a certain point. You have to go through certain events in a specific order to trigger an event, in which Nei gets knocked out, to advance the game. It's not a bug in the remake, it's just tricky game design. This is in the original game, also.

I started writing a walkthrough for Nei's adventure a while back, but lost all my progress in a hard drive crash. :( If I ever have time, I hope to restart it again at some point.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby OhNoHumans » Thu Jul 15, '10, 12:27 am

Oh man. I hope you do, it would be nice.

It may be of some use to see if there's anything like that on any Japanese websites. I might see for myself.
OhNoHumans
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby Tanith » Fri Jul 16, '10, 2:49 am

Since it's going to take me a while to get through these games and I'd really like to get started writing my story about Kain, I have a question for those that have played through Kain's game: Where is he at the end of his game? From what I'm reading, he initially lives in a city named Lume? Is that correct? Does he end up somewhere else by the end?
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 16, '10, 3:36 am

[Reveal] Spoiler: The End of Kain's Adventure
Kain's entire game takes place in or near Lume. At the end, after getting tangled up with a anti-Mother Brain rebellion attack, Kain goes on the run from the law with his sorta-girlfriend, Sue, who looks like Nei without the ears. They get on an airplane headed for Paseo as the game ends.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

PreviousNext

Return to Other Classics