Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: PSII - PSIV Techs
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, '07, 9:38 pm 
Did anyone else have a hard time remembering what techs did what? Growing up with PSIV, I had a hard time figuring out the techs of PS2 and PS3. I recognized a handful of them, but a majority of them made no sense whatsoever. Why do you think the techs changed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, '07, 10:42 pm 
lol, different creation team perhaps. I always got confused with what technique did what. Just a while ago I switched Legeon, and Efess. Plus there were the ones that I never wanted to use fearing they would do something really dumb and waste my magic, lol Hahn's vol, and Savol for example, I thought they only hurt a couple enemies, rather than eliminating them. I get Deban and Saner mixed up, and PS3s techs make me confused even more seeing as how there are some that do completely different things. I can't say too much for PS2 seeing as how the only tech i ever got was Tsu? I think? I can't remember for the life of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, '07, 10:48 pm 
XD Yeah.. Like Deban increases defense in PSIV, but stops monsters from attacking in PSIII. x_X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, '07, 10:49 pm 
Yeah, aside from the Res, Foi, and Wat families and Deban, I can barely remember what any of them do. I have no clue about half the techs in PSII or any of the non-healing and attack techs in PSIII.

That's one thing I love about modern games. They've got built in descriptions of all the attacks so you don't need to keep the manual around all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, '07, 10:51 pm 
Aye. I never even touched the techs in PSIII. The attack menu isn't exactly user freindly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, '07, 11:01 pm 
lol, my older brother revolves around his techniques in PS3. He uses Forsa alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, '07, 8:14 pm 
I used a cheat sheet for PS2. ;) It had such weird names that I still don't know most of them. In PS3 I just used the auto battle and some of the mass effect techs, like Gra.

Most of the techs in PS4 aren't that bad. Once I figure out what they do, I can usually remember it. PS1 was really the best in this area. "Fire" may be simple, but at least you know what it does!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, '07, 12:46 am 
PSII - I knew everything except for what Hugh and Kain's techs did, so I never used them. :lol:

PSIII - I only used Heal techs for the most part. Never touched Time or Melee techs, (though I knew what Melee did, and Time was confusing for me) but I also used Order techs to some extent. Most for Fanbi, though.

PSIV - I knew what most of the techs did, but I didn't use them all. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, '07, 1:45 am 
Haha. And here I thought I was odd for not making use of the techs from PS2 and PS3. xD

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]