PS4 Request / Suggestion

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

PS4 Request / Suggestion

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Oct 31, '07, 5:18 am

I may not be the oldest member here, nor do I claim to be. Nevertheless, I'd appriciate it if my request was heard. Phantasy Star IV. Hell Mode and Purg mode are VERY well made. I'm a huge fan of the newer versions, but I can't help but ask for one thing.
A freind of mine told me about a mod for Dragon Warrior II that lets you play as the Dragon Lord and fight the Heroes. I know that this took a lot of sleepless nights and countless cups of coffee. That being said.. We know what Zios techniques are. This may be a radical suggestion, but.. Who wants to try to turn him into a playable character? I can't program for the life of me, but I can certainly do the artwork. The storyline would have to be altered, so it gives us a great excuse to come up with a fan-fic ending. If not Zio, then how about coming up with a way to bring back Alys? I'm sure I'm not the only person that wanted to see Alys in the battle against Profound Darkness. As I've said, I can do the artwork. It may take a while, but I can. Again, this may be a completely radical suggestion and I may be wasting my words, but now I can say that I've tried. Thanks for reading.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 31, '07, 6:44 pm

There have been a few attempts to bring Alys back, but it is difficult to do. It has been done before by editing a save state, but the game usually glitches or overwrites her when another fifth member, like Raja, joins the group.

One of our members, Kaloes, wrote a glitch FAQ that allows her to remain in the party. You have to skip certain parts of the game to make it work, but I think it does let you take her all the way to the end of the game

As for Zio, that could be a pretty extensive edit. It's beyond my abilities, but it would be fun! If we had something like hugues' PSIII ROM Editor for PSIV, that would make the task a lot easier.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Oct 31, '07, 6:52 pm

Thoul wrote:As for Zio, that could be a pretty extensive edit. It's beyond my abilities, but it would be fun! If we had something like hugues' PSIII ROM Editor for PSIV, that would make the task a lot easier.

Do we have access to this ROM Editor? As I've said, I can do a lot of the artwork involved with the edit. I also have some freinds that would jump at the chance to be involved in such a project.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 31, '07, 7:02 pm

The PSIII ROM editor is in the Downloads section: Aridia is over here. It is still in development and doesn't have image editing abilities yet, but hugues has made a lot of great progress on it so far.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Oct 31, '07, 7:12 pm

Then I look to the future.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Tsunami » Wed Oct 31, '07, 8:07 pm

You know, that idea would make for an interesting twist. The execution of this is what interests me the most, as I doubt that this would be an easy task as far as explaning how Zio would change his dark ways goes. :p

Hacking would prove difficult, but if some editor was made specifically for PSIV, then perhaps this would be possible. Another alternative would ba making your own game out of it using some program or something, but that'd be time-consuming.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Oct 31, '07, 8:12 pm

Very good point. I know that countless hours would be put into this project, thats a given. I can't program to save my life, but pixel art... That comes natural. =]
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 31, '07, 9:07 pm

Tsunami wrote:You know, that idea would make for an interesting twist. The execution of this is what interests me the most, as I doubt that this would be an easy task as far as explaning how Zio would change his dark ways goes. :p

It reminds me of a fan fiction I started once. I was going to reverse the roles of everyone - heroes become villains, villains become heroes. I only wrote a prologue dealing with the Great Light vs. Profound Darkness battle, but my plan had been to make Zio the central hero of the PSIV variant.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 1, '07, 12:02 am

Heikabuchi wrote:Very good point. I know that countless hours would be put into this project, thats a given. I can't program to save my life, but pixel art... That comes natural. =]
Makes me curious about how well you do with pixel art! :mrgreen: I can do some pixel art, myself, but it takes time and patience. :yes:

Thoul wrote:It reminds me of a fan fiction I started once. I was going to reverse the roles of everyone - heroes become villains, villains become heroes. I only wrote a prologue dealing with the Great Light vs. Profound Darkness battle, but my plan had been to make Zio the central hero of the PSIV variant.
Hey, that sounds pretty cool! If you ever had the time, do you think you would get around to writing it?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 1, '07, 8:58 am

It's always a possibility, but right now that would be rather low on my list of things to do. I would like to flesh out the idea some more though, so if the right mood ever hit me, I'd run with it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More