PS4 Remake may be becoming a reality!!!

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

PS4 Remake may be becoming a reality!!!

Postby xrick » Fri Jun 25, '10, 1:29 pm

Just right now I went to a forum (their posts are very recent) and saw this: coolrom.com/forums/showpost.php?s=888d1 ... ostcount=7.

Guys, I'm not sure if this is for real or what, but if it is, BRING IT ON!!!
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
Let's all join together on this cause, please!
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 22

Re: PS4 Remake may be becoming a reality!!!

Postby Celeith » Fri Jun 25, '10, 3:05 pm

This is some iffy news if you ask me.. 1: Sega Ages doesn't exist anymore from what I've searched for.. 2: Plus the PS2 era is pretty much over and replaced with the era of the PS3/360/Wii.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Xander » Fri Jun 25, '10, 3:46 pm

Besides that, nothing official has really been announced on the matter, so the probability is practically zero.

Also, I'm not out to get you xrick, so please don't complain about me on other forums, ok? Thanks. :)
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby xrick » Fri Jun 25, '10, 4:08 pm

Xander:
I wasn't trying to bad-mouth you, I was just stating the obvious...
I came here trying to find help for the petition, but all I get here is disliking over the Generation Games, which I think is bad because for players who only started with the PSO saga it's a good way to check the original stories without having to go through the good old games, which they may seem too old and boring in terms of gameplay to even think about touching...

But, don't think my last statement this is my sole opinion, as I've been playing PS4 again on my PSP-Genesis emulator.
Last edited by xrick on Sun Apr 21, '19, 8:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Celeith » Fri Jun 25, '10, 6:29 pm

xrick wrote:Xander:
I wasn't trying to bad-mouth you, I was just stating the obvious...
I came here trying to find to find help for the petition, but all I get here is disliking over the Generation Games, what I think is bad because for players who only started with the PSO saga it's a good way to check the original stories without having to go through the good old games, which they may seem too old and boring in terms of gameplay to even think in touching...

But, don't think my last statement this is my sole opinion, as I've been playing PS4 again on my PSP-Genesis emulator.

Huh? I myself have yet to see anyone on this board say they dislike the generation games.. Even myself enjoy the games cause I own both of them and am currently making walkthroughs for both the games. From every post I've seen about the Generation games they've always been positive ones not negative so I'm not sure where you're getting your info from.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby xrick » Fri Jun 25, '10, 7:29 pm

Then let's leave it at this point, OK?

I don't want people to think I'm here just to mess around, as I'm not...

If I offended anyone, I'm really sorry.

Back to the topic, I've been trading replies with the source of the story, you can check the talk on the topic through the link I posted.
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Thoul » Fri Jun 25, '10, 9:22 pm

I'm skeptical due to the lack of a solid source. I'm glad you asked for one, but since they didn't provide it, that makes their claim look fishy. I really hope it turns out that Sega is trying to get the PS4 remake off the ground, even if there's not a large chance of it being released in the US.

Thanks for sharing this lead with us, xrick! Even if it doesn't turn out to be true, hope is always a great thing to bring to others. :D

Kaloes wrote:Plus the PS2 era is pretty much over and replaced with the era of the PS3/360/Wii.

That's true, but a lot of systems do enjoy support in Japan longer than the US or Europe. The Dreamcast, for instance, kept going for a while in Japan after Sega abandoned it elsewhere. It's possible for the PS2 to continue receiving games over there.

Of course, there's no reason Sega couldn't be developing the game for the Wii or 360 instead of the PS2, too.
Last edited by Thoul on Fri Jun 25, '10, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby xellos667 » Fri Jun 25, '10, 11:54 pm

The reason why it would be a good thing for this remake to really exist is that it would mean that Sega has not totally turned the page on the Classic Saga. I'm still waiting for Phantasy Star V or a REAL Phantasy Star 0. Though I also doubt a lot that it will ever happen, we can all dream of that they will indeed complete the Sega Ages 2500 with Phantasy Star Generation 4, that way, it would have done a full circle (begin with the 2500 series with the remake of the first one, and finish it with the remake of the last one). While it's true developpement for the PS2 is pretty much dead, I'll stand with what Thoul said with the Dreamcast, this console continued receiving game for it years after its death...maybe Sony may do ONE tiny exception...maybe...
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Rick » Sat Jun 26, '10, 4:01 am

Playstation 2 games are still being made and produced o.o

How can you say the era is ending? Really.. Come on now.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby PSP » Sat Jun 26, '10, 5:41 am

Namco-Bandai purchasing 3D AGES. That's a good one.

I think I said this before, but 3D AGES hasn't existed since 2005 or so (starting with Volume 16, the titles became "Sega" only, though they did outsource development to other studios on a number of the titles). Now, Namco-Bandai bought controlling interest in D3 Publisher, which held a minority share in the 3D AGES joint venture, but that has no bearing on a PSIV remake in the here and now. Sega has nothing to do with that deal, so there's no Phantasy Star involved in any way, shape or form.

So, while I hate to be a dick...that post is worthless. It's based on either misunderstanding of the facts regarding the acquisition mentioned or blatant lies, and it's extremely open-ended ("We'll see the remake someday...on some system...") not to mention if the game was being produced it would be news somewhere online. A Japanese fan site at the very least. But nada since Sega Ages 2500 Vol. 32, in terms of Phantasy Star at least.

-Corey
Last edited by PSP on Sat Jun 26, '10, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV