Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: PS3 Slim
PostPosted: Wed Jul 1, '09, 4:07 pm 
There are lots of rumors circulating that Sony is working on a new model of the PlayStation 3. Supposedly this will be a "slim" model, similar to the last version of the PlayStation 2. There's also talk of features being added and removed. If they do make this new model, what would Sony need to do in order to get you to pick it up?

Personally, I'd want backwards compatibility with the PSOne and PS2. One of the rumors has it that this could happen because Sony just filed a patent regarding PS2 emulation. Perhaps they'll be using that in the new model.

Post subject: Re: PS3 Slim
PostPosted: Wed Jul 1, '09, 4:17 pm 
Backwards compatibility is a must for me. Granted I have my PS2 hooked up but until I get a better TV in that room, I'm going to play on my 42" HDTV. The other thing is although there are some games I want to play on the PS3, there are much more on the X360 that capture my attention and the price on the PS3 is still way too high. I don't need a Blu-Ray player because my DVD player upconverts the DVD's I have so the difference is minimal. Not only that but Blu-Ray discs cost about $20 more than DVD's so they'd have to do a lot to justify me buying a PS3. I'm interested to see where they go with this to see if they make it more available to the general masses.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 1, '09, 6:12 pm 
I wonder what new features Sony has in mind? I hope that they make the ps3 worth it for me to get~

Backwards capability would really popular, I think. Who wants to have three or more systems hooked up to their TV? I wouldn't.

Price is also important. Under $400 I think would be reasonable for most people.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 1, '09, 10:19 pm 
backwards compatability, lose the blu-ray, and make it cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 2, '09, 3:26 am 
Let's see, for me to buy it it would have to have a completely redesigned controller, retain Blu-Ray playback capability, and be sub $200. Backwards compatibility isn't a big deal to me, I already have a PS1 and a PS2. I simply despise the default Sony controllers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 2, '09, 5:04 am 
I'd like it to lose the whole blu-ray thing and have the compatibility to play PS2 games it would save me having two consoles set up and having to track from one end of the house to the other to play one game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 2, '09, 7:04 pm 
Are PS3 games on Blu-ray or normal DVD discs? I'm not sure which it is, but if they're on Blu-ray I think we can expect Sony to keep the ability to read those kinds of discs.

Tweeg wrote:I simply despise the default Sony controllers.

What aspects of them do would like to see redesigned? I don't think I've even seen a PS3 controller aside from that early picture that looked more like a boomerang than a controller, but I think I heard they altered that design to be more like the PS2 controller later.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 2, '09, 7:23 pm 
Thoul wrote:Are PS3 games on Blu-ray or normal DVD discs? I'm not sure which it is, but if they're on Blu-ray I think we can expect Sony to keep the ability to read those kinds of discs.

They are Blu-Ray discs. I'm pretty positive they are. If not oh well. '

And as for the controller, for the most part it looks exactly like the PS2 controller except for a few changes. One of them being the PS button which is in the middle of the controller. Another being the L2 and R2 triggers being bigger, for driving games I suppose mostly. It's Also wireless and has a motion censor inside of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 6, '09, 2:08 am 
The most important things for me in a PS3 Slim are backwards compatability, and hopefully a lower price. Also, all of the systems existing features would need to stay in tact...I hate when nifty features get cut out as a cost cutting effort.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 6, '09, 2:53 am 
I'd like backwards compatibility and a lower price. That's really all I want...and I still probably won't get one for a few years, even though they just keep coming out with games I want.

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]