PS music remixes

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: PS music remixes

Postby Solar » Sun Apr 25, '10, 7:54 am

Motavia Town Rock Remix

I usually don't like rock remixes that much, but this I did.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Tanith » Sun Apr 25, '10, 8:08 am

Nice, Solar. Motavia Town is one of my favorite PSIV tunes. Simple, but a great melody, nonetheless. Hey, are you veke99 on youtube?
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Solar » Sun Apr 25, '10, 12:00 pm

Tanith wrote:Hey, are you veke99 on youtube?

Yes.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Oakley2284 » Sun Apr 25, '10, 1:14 pm

Thats really a great remix, probably the best remix i've ever heard :hyper: Thanks solar^^
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

Postby Tanith » Sun Apr 25, '10, 5:03 pm

Solar wrote:
Tanith wrote:Hey, are you veke99 on youtube?

Yes.

I think I've commented on some of your videos. Or, I meant to, anyway. :D I'm toomanynotes1.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby PSjunkie » Sun Apr 25, '10, 10:59 pm

@Tanith, I emailed you the Sega Rock remix of PS2 Death Place, I hope you got it.
PSjunkie
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 30

Postby Tanith » Sun Apr 25, '10, 11:02 pm

Oh thanks, PSJ. :) I actually already have it; I was just hoping to find it on youtube or somewhere else to share with the rest of the forum.

It sounds kind of like a Who song in places, doesn't it? I love it!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Jun 23, '10, 12:09 am

You know, one of the hardest thing when sharing your work is criticism. When a random stranger says "Your work sucks", I shrug it off. However, when true PS fans say "It just didn't do the trick", it makes me stop and think...

Hi! I'm Aeroprism, the guy behind Nekoprism's PS remixes. You have a very nice community here so I thought I might jump in.

First of all, thanks for taking the time to listen to my work. I have read this thread several times over, pondering every opinion and letting every phrase turn and tumble in my mind.

You know what? You guys gave me an idea.

I have been severely stumped for a while now, my Death Place remix is not progressing. But now, I very, very much want to make a trancy techno remix of Rise or Fall. Make it a less "airy" and more "in your face" type of mix.

So yeah. You guys are stuck with me now. The MotherBrain have pity on you.

-Aero
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Tanith » Wed Jun 23, '10, 4:12 am

Welcome, Aeroprism! I'm glad you took the criticism well. We're an opinionated bunch, for sure. :D When I saw you had posted I thought, "Oh no! He's going to kill us!"

I actually LOVE your "Death Place" remix; it kicks butt! I'm sorry it's giving you some problems. I've been keeping tabs on it, because I've been anticipating the finished song. And a "Rise and Fall" techno remix? That makes the phangirl in me squeal with delight! Eeeee! To me, techno really suits PSII.

I do want to say that I really respect what you do. I can only go so far with my criticism because I certainly can't do what you do at all. I can tell you've poured major amounts of work into your remixes; I would never criticize the quality of your work, which is superb. And PS needs more remixes, anyway!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Jun 23, '10, 2:08 pm

I don't make a habit of killing honest people, they are so few of them!

Thank you for the kind words. The greatest motivator in my work is to know that someone somewhere is having a good time enjoying it and anticipation from these people are what drive me to do more.

So yeah, yesterday didn't exactly went as I planned. I did almost nothing for my RoF techno remix, I happened to open my Death Place remix to check something trivial and somehow managed to pour 4 hours of productive work into it. Result: the bass track has been completely re-written, which will lead me to an easier time making an intro. It also sounds a whole lot more * now. However, I think I created a few bugs by manipulating my drums a bit too happily. I'll have to recheck this tonight. Yesterday night, my ears were too tired to discern what was good and what wasn't.

I also encourage all the other people who created this thread to participate and comment. It's very refreshing to hear constructive criticism.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More