PS IV: Who would win?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 31, '08, 11:59 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote:I must have missed Thoul's point about Rune channeling Lutz in order to heal. That is an excellent point; did the previous Lutz's have healing ability? Pardon my forgetfullness here, I just can't remember at the moment! Still, that is a good possibility.

In ability, Lutz is basically identical to Rune, just without techniques. In PSII, he does the same kind of "here, let me fix you up" thing outside of battle that we're talking about Rune doing now. In PSI, he's all attack, with the same spells that Rune has for skills (plus a few others maybe).
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Fogeltje » Tue Sep 2, '08, 10:17 am

Thoul wrote:In PSI, he's all attack, with the same spells that Rune has for skills (plus a few others maybe).

In PS1 battle, Noah is all about battle. But outside the battle he has the ability to heal (Cure).

Srijita wrote:[face=Times New Roman]I assume it would happen even if Rika went down during the battle. Hence Wren's words of praise are very much in order :) [/face]

It probably would. As far as I recall, if you rush the game, get to Zio before Rika learns Gires, she still uses Gires on Alys in the "cinematic". It's all scripted. A dead Alys would probably still jump in front of Chaz.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue Sep 2, '08, 7:35 pm

Fogeltje wrote:
In PS1 battle, Noah is all about battle. But outside the battle he has the ability to heal (Cure).

Ah! And if I am remembering correctly, "cure" was the equivalent of "gisar", right? Still, Rune's healing Chaz surpassed "cure" as it replenished skills, so I am in awe here.

Fogeltje wrote:It probably would. As far as I recall, if you rush the game, get to Zio before Rika learns Gires, she still uses Gires on Alys in the "cinematic". It's all scripted. A dead Alys would probably still jump in front of Chaz.

You're right. *smacks head* That actually has happened to me before (Rika hadn't learned Gires yet when I fought Zio at one time).
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Fogeltje » Sat Sep 6, '08, 9:48 am

No, Cure heals only a single party member for 60 HP I think. It would be the equivalent of Gires (Heal being the equivalent of Res). PS1 does not have a party heal spell as far as I can remember.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Snorb » Sun Sep 7, '08, 5:03 am

Maybe Lutz just has a massive Star Mist/Moon Dew dispensary somewhere in Esper Mansion.

Lutz: Heading to Noah, Rolf? Here. Let me prepare you all. (reaches into robes) Hrmm.
Rolf: What?
Lutz: It's missing...
Anna: What's missing?
Lutz: I was going to completely replenish your vitality and psionic focus before I sent you on your way, but... I don't seem to have the proper oils...
Rolf: So... no free group healing.
Amy: It's all right, Rolf. I can cast Na Sar and Na Res if we need it.
Anna: Yeah, but Ataraxia's not gonna be invented for another two sequels, so you can't restore Tech Points. Sorry, Amy.
Amy: (suddenly not as perky) I shall try my best, Miss Zirski.
Rolf: (his Rolf-sense kicks in) What? Shir is missing?!
Anna: Damn it, your little girlfriend had better not be taking the Luveno for a joyride around Motavia again, Rolf!
Amy: ..."Again?"
Rolf: Don't ask.

(Esper Mansion basement)

Shir: (her itempack, hands, belt, boots, and armpits are completely loaded down with bottles of Star Mist and Moon Dew) Hehe, we have free healing for life, and whatever we don't use, I can hock for Meseta. I'm such a great thief. ^_^ (flips a Star Mist bottle into her mouth)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Rune_Walsh » Mon Sep 8, '08, 8:13 am

Fogeltje wrote:No, Cure heals only a single party member for 60 HP I think. It would be the equivalent of Gires (Heal being the equivalent of Res). PS1 does not have a party heal spell as far as I can remember.

Ah, you're definitely correct! I don't think Cure replenishes TP also, am I correct here? If I am, what Rune used had to be even more powerful!
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Mon Sep 8, '08, 8:13 pm

PS1 doesn't even have TP, so you're right there. ;) It uses MP, which for PSIV is translated into the number of times a skill can be used (since some skills, like Rune's, are PS1 spells).
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Dorrinal » Mon Sep 8, '08, 11:03 pm

1. Sari
2. Sari
3. Sari
4. Wre- no, Sari
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby Fogeltje » Tue Sep 9, '08, 8:49 am

The only way to restore MP (besides hospitals or inns) in PS1 is to die and have Noah use Rise. It replenishes MP, but I don't know how many, or maybe even all. It's my brother's tactic, Myau heals and when his MPs run low he lets him die (which can take a while sometimes) and lets Noah use Rise. The church has the same effect of course.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Celeith » Tue Sep 9, '08, 5:39 pm

Fogeltje wrote:The only way to restore MP (besides hospitals or inns) in PS1 is to die and have Noah use Rise. It replenishes MP, but I don't know how many, or maybe even all. It's my brother's tactic, Myau heals and when his MPs run low he lets him die (which can take a while sometimes) and lets Noah use Rise. The church has the same effect of course.

You can never trust churches. I bet those priests at Nero's funeral were all in league with Lassic because they could of easily revived him with their special revival powers. This must be why when Alis defeated Lassic she might of made it to where churches had to be taken down because of their evil ways. For all we know everytime one of your characters dies when he's revived the information they get from the spazzed out person they're reviving could go straight to Lassic. So I say, don't trust churches.

Alis: *spazzed out in church* Yea, going to.. goin to find Laco items.. to.. to defeat.. Lassi...c.. *goes to sleep and is returned to party hours later.*

Priest 1: My lord, we heard Alis Landale is searching for the only items to defeat you.

Lassic: Blasphemy! Send out our toughest monsters and have them wait for them.

Priest 1: Yes my lord.

Noah: Where to?

Alis: This cave.

Odin: MONSTER!!!!

Alis: -__- sigh *slash*
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV