Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Thea and the Dragon Missile

Thea and the Dragon Missile

View Gallery Page

Post subject: PS III Sketch
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, '10, 6:53 pm 
Here's a sketch I made of Thea last night at about midnight. I didn't have anything to look at, just a few memories of how her hair appears on her profile on the game. I don't have any colored pencils, but as soon as I acquire some, I'll see about making another version of this one on real paper and in color. Yay!

Next to Thea is the Dragon Missile, which the Alys analog used in "A Touch of Zan." I figure that since Thea herself uses a slasher, and her father was a Dragon Knight, giving her the Dragon Missile was only appropriate.

Post subject: Re: PS III Sketch
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, '10, 6:59 pm 
I find Thea's hair the hardest to draw out of all the Phantasy Star III cast only cause of the way she has her hair curled. I'm not that good on drawing curls yet. Other then my ranting its a good picture.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, '10, 7:03 pm 
Yeah, I kinda ditched trying to draw her curls the way they appear in the game in favor of something a bit easier. I think when I get around to drawing her in color, I'll try to do them better.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, '10, 7:54 pm 
The only image that comes through my mind when I see this is a giant PSIII themed Playing Card, all's missing is a Q and a color symbol and you'd have yourself a PSIII queen.

PSIII playing cards would redefine awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, '10, 10:41 pm 
Terrific drawing, H-Man. I really like how you've drawn her eyes and her lips. I think the hair looks okay too. It would be interesting seeing this one in color. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, '10, 10:47 pm 
Considering how difficult lips can be, I thank you for the compliment, SS. When I do this one in color, I'll try to use another picture as a template for the hair.

Aero: The mere suggestion that a drawing of mine could appear on a trading card is pure unadulterated awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, '10, 2:27 am 
I have to agree with Aero: this would make great card material. That was one of my first impressions of the drawing. The placement of the dragon missile really makes that part of it.

Overall, great design on this one H-Man. I hope we do get to see it in color one day. :)

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]