Development duration ?

Quest for justice and vengeance with the beginning of the saga.

Development duration ?

Postby myau56 » Mon Jan 9, '12, 1:45 pm

At last my first post ! Better late than never ! ^^
It's a question I'll ask, in fact a question that my older brother asked me and I was in a total impossibility to answer it ! I don't know all about the original Phantasy Star Version but I'm eager to lerarn : like said to a lot of my pupils... we learned things all days, even the adults :)
So...how long was the Phantasy Star development ? Months ? (I think...) Years ?
Maybe I have the answer in the PS material I own but haven't reach an eefficient search..
Thanks in advance !
Last edited by myau56 on Mon Jan 9, '12, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Re: Development duration ?

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 9, '12, 7:29 pm

I'm thinking a few months. I remember reading somewhere that the development time of the dungeon engine was very short. I think that only took a month at the most. I wish I could remember where I read that... I think it was in some interview of Reiko Kodama.

I don't think it would have been a full year. Phantasy Star IV was in development for about a year, but it has a lot more complexity in terms of characters and areas to design. The original game shouldn't have taken as long.
Last edited by Thoul on Mon Jan 9, '12, 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Development duration ?

Postby myau56 » Mon Jan 9, '12, 9:39 pm

I was thinking about looking the Rieko Kodama's interviews. I'll try to do this.
Never heard or read something about the dungeon engine development so...thanks ! If you can recall it, don't hesitate to write it here :)
But I'm too thinking about some months, more than a year that's not possible in my opinion But I may be wrong). Yes PSIV is far more "developed" in a lot of ways, charcaters, "comics" scenes and all the dialogues.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Phantasy Star