PS Deluxe for Phones Leaked

Quest for justice and vengeance with the beginning of the saga.

PS Deluxe for Phones Leaked

Postby Thoul » Fri May 14, '10, 12:16 am

Phantasy Star: Deluxe Edition, the PS1 remake for mobile phones, has (finally) been leaked online. Credit goes to orakio_rob for finding the game online, but I had to remove his post about it because he linked to it and unauthorized distribution of commercial games isn't allowed here. I'm sure you'll all be able to find it if you're really interested, anyway.

The leaked version is a Chinese version of the game, so it looks a little different than the screenshots shown on the Deluxe Edition page here. They come from the Japanese version. This does appear to be a real, official release and not a pirate version, though. You can buy the Chinese version here: Mobile Market. They also have some screenshots if you want to compare them to the Japanese version.

I have already extracted some images from the game, so they'll be going into Image of the Day rotation soon. One should appear today, in fact. It's also the source of my current avatar, which is Dark Falz from the game.

I've also extracted a ton of text from the game. I think it's the complete script actually, but it's all in Chinese so I'm not entirely sure. Google Translate is little help, but does lead me to think this text includes all the dialogue.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: PS Deluxe for Phones Leaked

Postby Tanith » Fri May 14, '10, 12:18 am

OMG! Awesome! I love the artwork (and your new avatar)!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Thoul » Sun May 16, '10, 1:56 pm

Translation effort split to Phantasy Star Deluxe Translation Project.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Goggles2114 » Thu Jul 14, '11, 5:37 pm

Any idea how to put this on my phone?
Goggles2114
Newcomer
Newcomer

Achievements: 5

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 15, '11, 7:53 pm

Sorry, I can't help you there. There are so many different models of phones these days that I can't keep track of how they all operate.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wing Eye » Sun Jul 17, '11, 12:52 am

Is there an emulator for mobile phone games? I'd love to try this out.
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
Wing Eye
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 297

Postby Thoul » Sun Jul 17, '11, 10:31 am

There are a few. One is at http://mpowerplayer.com/sdk. It also has an online version somewhere. The URL for that is in the patch's readme. I also found that KEmulator Lite worked well, but the download site for that seems to be down.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wanderer From Ys » Mon Dec 26, '11, 1:10 am

I would say this is my favorite version due to the automapping feature, and the fact that battles just feel faster overall, but I've been having trouble with freezing and saving. It seems as if MpowerPlayer doesn't make a permanent save until exit the program. So if the game freezes, you can lose progress from that entire session even if you've been saving and reloading. It's made the game unplayable, which is a shame, because I really like this version.
Wanderer From Ys
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 18

Postby Wanderer From Ys » Sat Dec 31, '11, 3:05 am

Thoul wrote:There are a few. One is at http://mpowerplayer.com/sdk. It also has an online version somewhere. The URL for that is in the patch's readme. I also found that KEmulator Lite worked well, but the download site for that seems to be down.

Ok, I hunted down Kemulator Lite, and it works way better. I had zero lock ups, or lost saves with it, and overall it just has more options.

After playing the original game, and this one back to back, I really love this version. They seem to have sped everything up, not just the battles after I said previously. Walking speed is way faster, and you fly through dungeons like you are on crack. The entire game only took me about 7-8 hours total. In theory I should've had to do more grinding because you can't sell anything, but it really didn't even matter. Of course never getting lost in dungeons helps too. The encounter rate isn't nearly as bad either. At least you never get those clumps where you can a bunch of battles in a row after each step.

2 changes that noticed late game.

-The Golden Dragon fight has been removed. Probably because all transportion scenes have been removed. You just basically appear on the air castle after Myau's transformation

-Also on the air castle itself, the last house that usually has a serpent on it, was changed to a healing house. The character in there and her text are identical to the one in Paseo. This was probably done to avoid getting stuck there if Alis runs out of tp. Still doesn't help if she's dead though.

I like the redesigned enemies, but I prefer the portraits from the old game.
Wanderer From Ys
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 18

Return to Phantasy Star