PS collectibles in online auctions.

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

Re: PS collectibles in online auctions.

Postby xellos667 » Wed Sep 29, '10, 7:39 pm

I just hate the fact that it's pinned on the wall, thus damaging the poster. There's another poster like that right now on Yahoo Auction Japan, with no pin on it...but it's three time the price of this one.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 29, '10, 7:51 pm

Ah, I didn't notice the pins. That is unfortunate. Still, even a pin poked poster is better than no poster at all. :D
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby tilinelson2 » Fri Oct 1, '10, 6:36 pm

Hmmm, for me the problem is not too much the money (no, I'm not rich, but I have an amount to spend in collectibles), the problem is that I don't have a contact on Japan and many of the sellers there don't send the items to Brazil.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby xellos667 » Fri Oct 1, '10, 6:40 pm

why not in brazil in particular? I don't see reason why?

If you're really serious about buying stuff (meaning not a tiny 10$ here and there, but bigger order so that it's worth the transaction), I can see if my own Japanese contact would like to sell to you.
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby Tweeg » Sat Oct 2, '10, 5:17 am

It's a shipping and payment issue for people in Brazil. They haven't got mail treaties in place like most nations do. So the only way for someone to send a package to Brazil and have any sort of tracking number and garuantee of delivery is to use FedEx or UPS, which is very expensive.

On the payment side, if the buyer uses a Brazillian bank issued card then the buyer is protected under some incredibly strict Brazilian transaction laws that automatically favor Brazilian citizens in international claims dispute cases. And if they Pay through PayPal, well...

On Ebay especially there was a rash of scamming going on when Brazil was initially added in as a country that people could join from. Because of stupid Pay Pal policies dishonest people quickly caught on that they could buy items, request cheapest shipping possible (regular mail) and then a week or two after the seller confrimed sending the item the people would file a non-receipt claim through PayPal. Since the seller could not provide a tracking number PayPal refunds the buyer. It's a very messy situation that even to this day Ebay attempts to sweep discussions of under the rug.

All that said, I think tilinelson2's best option is to find a reputable import duty service site that is willing to work for persons living in Brazil. Not 100% certain, but I believe that Rinkya (http://www.rinkya.com) is setup to buy things on behalf of people in Brazil. In any case, what you're likely to encounter is that any import duty service will want you to make an advance deposit and allow it to sit with them a few days before they will activate your account because of your location.

Check this out! Not an auction, nor is it on a site that ships internationally.
Phantasy Star IV Midi Collection:
http://www.suruga-ya.jp/database/155006092001.html

Last edited by Tweeg on Sat Oct 2, '10, 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby xellos667 » Sat Oct 2, '10, 2:25 pm

Well that certainly was instructive. Thank you Tweeg :) You're the best when it comes to international collector business!

But about this midi collection. Unofficial product I presume?
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby Tweeg » Sun Oct 3, '10, 6:37 am

Pretty sure it's an official product. Basing that mostly on the fact that the company used Sega's artwork on the front box cover. Also, Rittor Music is a legitimate Japanese company that has been in business since at least the early 1980's. I've even found information in searches implying that they were involved in the creation of the MIDI format standard.:
http://www.rittor-music.co.jp/
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby tilinelson2 » Mon Oct 4, '10, 1:29 am

Oh, thanks Tweeg for pointing out some of the problems we face here. I´ve tried some other services like rinkya, but they didn´t work very well in allowing purchasing, I think I´ll try this one.

xellos667: I´m really serious about buying stuff, like World of PS, all three Futabasha books, some Japanese hint books. If your contact may help me, I´d be really thankful.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby xellos667 » Mon Oct 4, '10, 3:17 pm

Thanks Tweeg, based on your confirmation, I double-checked with my contact, and he also confirmed it to me. Here's what he said.

OK,this item is official item.
And recorded in 3.5inch floppy disk,but the format is for PC-9801 series.
PC-9801 series was used in mainly Japan

I asked him to buy it for me, so we'll see what it is, as I'll take a picture as always upon receival.

And while I'm at it, I might ask him to buy the weird pirated PSIV PC game we talked on another topic. I know it's a cheap pirate product, but I'm really curious, and it's only 1000 yen

tilinelson2, after I'm done with this transaction

I'll ask him if he's interrested in doing business with other peoples, and with people from brazil in particular
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby Tweeg » Mon Oct 4, '10, 6:37 pm

Assuming no data corruption has occured to the diskettes, they should be readable by any Windows based computer. Just noting that the box says "MS-DOS" compatible, hence my presumption Windows can read the disks.

I'v been going through the eighteen PSO doujinshi books and one doujinshi CD-ROM I got in the mail on Friday. Still one more package en route somwhere containing an official product.
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star General