PS collectibles in online auctions.

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

Re: PS collectibles in online auctions.

Postby Tweeg » Sun May 30, '10, 4:37 am

This has got to be rare seeing how much their asking for it. Phantasy Star 2 Fanbook and Drama CD (メモリアルドラマCD&ファンブック):
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g48242068
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Thoul » Sun May 30, '10, 12:58 pm

That is super rare and actually a fairly decent price given what it would normally bring. If I had a way to pay for that, I'd try to register and snatch it up myself. I haven't seen it for sale outside of Japan in years.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tweeg » Sun May 30, '10, 11:44 pm

PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Mon May 31, '10, 4:29 am

Tweeg wrote:PS I - III? Compilation Strategy Guide: http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n29898273

That's The World of Phantasy Star. It isn't a strategy guide; the contents are basically just general discussion of the series, mostly covering PS 1, 2, and 4. 3 is mentioned, but not very much.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby xellos667 » Tue Jun 1, '10, 3:11 pm

Tweeg wrote:This has got to be rare seeing how much their asking for it. Phantasy Star 2 Fanbook and Drama CD (メモリアルドラマCD&ファンブック):
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g48242068

Tweeg, how can we buy that while not being in Japan. I REALLY WANT THAT BOOK AND CD!!! But it's never on Ebay or site like that, and have no idea how it is possible to buy something through Yahoo Japan???
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Tweeg » Wed Jun 2, '10, 4:47 am

Someone call in Dr. Jones! GRAIL LORE OBJECT SIGHTED!!!! A 1993 issue of SPEC Magazine! And it's a throw in bonus to the PS I - IV Soundtrack CD's! :o

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m73389108

Oh boy, seems I'll have to go into great detail as to how to use Yahoo Auctions Japan. I'm actually about to go to bed now. I'll try to remember to post a topic on the matter in the Fringers' Parlor tomorrow night.
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby xellos667 » Wed Jun 2, '10, 1:45 pm

Thanks Tweeg :)

But...argh, what is happening on Yahoo Japan. All the rare stuff is suddenly going on sales!!! We won't see so much good PS deal for another 10 years I guess :(
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby Tweeg » Thu Jun 3, '10, 5:41 am

xellos667 wrote:Thanks Tweeg :)

But...argh, what is happening on Yahoo Japan. All the rare stuff is suddenly going on sales!!! We won't see so much good PS deal for another 10 years I guess :(

Not to disappoint you or anything, but this sort of stuff isn't so uncommon to see on there. Just rare as gold nuggets on Ebay. Though certainly issues of SPEC and that one fanbook with CD are at least uncommon to find on there. But, on Ebay it's more like stuff you might see turn up once annually... if you're lucky.
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby xellos667 » Thu Jun 3, '10, 1:25 pm

Au contraire, I'm not disapointed, I'm indeed very happy to hear that :)

Well thanks for your topic about how to handle Yahoo Japan. It's very informative, and I'll be sure to read the rest as you write more.

Unfortunately for now, since I want badly those item, I'm letting someone in Japan getting what I want for me instead. It will end up costing me a little more, but I really want those Phantasy Star Sound Collection I & II, plus the Phantasy Star Memorial Drama CD & Fanbook (and the book The World of Phantasy Star at the same times). Those are PS items I was wishing to have for years now to complete my collection (only thing I will need after that is the Compendium, and the promotional book that come along with the Sound Collection)
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby Xander » Thu Jun 3, '10, 11:03 pm

Not that I'd go to great lengths to get it, but I wouldn't mind getting hold of some of the collectibles at some point. I'm sure I saw some character models somewhere once, but no doubt those are unavailable now. Anyone know what they were?
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star General