PS collectibles in online auctions.

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

Re: PS collectibles in online auctions.

Postby Thoul » Thu Jun 3, '10, 11:19 pm

The only similar thing that comes to mind, Xander, is the little "Sega Gals" models. Nei is the only classic PS character in that series, but there's a couple of PS Online figures.

Tweeg, thanks for providing the info on how to bid on these things. I look forward to seeing the rest of your instructions. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Xander » Fri Jun 4, '10, 10:23 am

Ah right. Thanks for that Thoul. Maybe they'll add some more from the PS classic series someday. :)
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby xellos667 » Fri Jun 4, '10, 3:14 pm

For the figures, there's actually a lot. Yes there's two series of Sega Gal. The first one contain one character from PSO (Red Ring Rinco if my memory is right), and Nei. The second series contain one HUcaseal from PSO with a black and white palette swap

Then there's 1 set (or two???) containing all 12 PSO archetype as figures

There's two sets of PSU figures, but each set has the same characters inside, just that one has color, and the others is just figures with one metallic colors

And finally there's also 1 or 2 set for PSZ, once again with the archetype.

I think that's all the Phantasy Star figures available. Quite frankly, the figures are the very last step in my collecting. My priorities are:

1.Games
2.Soundtrack/CD
3.Books (guide in english or japanese artbook, or big promotional book like the compendium)
4.Figures

I'm done for now with #1 (maybe buying one day the Best Value version of the Japanese Phantasy Star Portable for the extra UMD). But since I have a few things left in #2, and a lot of things left in #3, I have some others things to buy before going top #4
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Xander » Fri Jun 4, '10, 3:38 pm

That's quite a collection you've got there Xellos.:) All I have are the first 4 games and the soundtrack, though i'm not exactly a collector and i've never really bothered about PSO and such.

Oh, and I found this kicking around too. I want one. :D

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby xellos667 » Fri Jun 4, '10, 3:43 pm

this Rika/Fal figure is sooooo beautiful. Too bad it's not an official product and surely just fan made :(

Anyway, I don't collect anything in my life, I only focus on Phantasy Star, so it's not so bad. Yes some items may cost a lot of money, but every now and then, I can afford to boost my collection a little. And anyway, once I'm done getting the rarest book/CD, most of the others things won't cost a lot, so it will be easy to stay up-to-date.
Last edited by xellos667 on Tue Jun 8, '10, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby Xander » Fri Jun 4, '10, 3:56 pm

Aww fan made? That's a real pity. :( You're right though, it is a bloody fantastic model. Let's hope some more offical stuff similar to this gets made. Maybe for the 30th anniversary? ;)

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby xellos667 » Tue Jun 8, '10, 3:17 pm

Thanks again Tweeg for the great guide you're cooking us up for the use of Yahoo Japan (I'm not posting there, so that it stays spam free)

But I guess I was not patient enough. I bought on ebay the Phantasy Star Sound Collection II few weeks ago. When I did so I got in contact with the Japanese seller, we've been talking for the past few weeks and he's helping me directly to get the item. Right now, he has in store (with pictures provided) after a few search the book "The World of Phantasy Star", and the Phantasy Star Memorial Drama Fanbook and CD. He's currently ordering for me the first Phantasy Star Sound Collection, and I'm waiting for that. I guess that if you can't read Japanese, having a contact in Japan who can get you the items is the second best thing :)
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby Tweeg » Tue Jun 8, '10, 10:57 pm

Glad your finding the guide useful xellos667. And yes, by all means, if you have a contact in Japan who is willing to help you out then that's usually the second best way to go about buying stuff from there. Buying driectly being the absolute best way but, as we'll soon discuss in the other thread, rarely is doing so an available option.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby xellos667 » Thu Jun 10, '10, 12:22 am

finally received my first item from this new Japanese contact...though this one was found on ebay directly. I'm sooooo happy. I was waiting for one of those during all those years, now it's finally mine

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/ ... oundII.jpg
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby Tweeg » Fri Jun 11, '10, 1:57 pm

Last edited by Tweeg on Sat Jun 12, '10, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star General