PS Character Shippings

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: PS Character Shippings

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Jun 8, '10, 7:57 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote:
Lyla2284 wrote:As for Chaz and Rika .... bleeeeaaaaah! Totally predicable and infantile.

I also have to respectfully disagree. The ending wasn't so predictable, but a nice conclusion; Chaz, who has lost Alys and THEN Rune (his only parental figures), isn't left alone after all. This is seemingly the antithesis of "infantile" actually, because it is the ultimate sign that he's no longer a kid, but a grown up who can now make it on his own (as Rune says himself in so many words). The same goes for Rika, who also lost her parent, SEED. I think it's awesome they ended up together, because, quite frankly, Chaz and Rika need each other. /end

I have to agree with RW. I mean, yeah, I think Chaz/Rika was very predictable, but predictable doesn't mean bad. Otherwise, I think RW's got it spot on-they both grew up a lot during the game and the end is that coming to fruition. They can make their own decisions now, and in that sense, it is quite opposite of infantile.

Now on crackship...I've never seen this in any fan thing, but I can see it working, somehow: Hahn/Demi?

How about them apples? :twisted:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue Jun 8, '10, 11:45 pm

Tanith wrote:BWAHAHA! Great skit, RW!

Ryan (in dragon form): And now I will reveal my TRUE identity to you, Thea... *starts transforming into human form... gets stuck with dragon arms and a tail, human head but with scales...still wearing sunglasses*

Thea: EWWWWWWWW!!

Ryan: No! Wait! I'm not finished! *focuses energy, transforms back into full dragon form, then transforms into Lyle*

Thea: *screams* OMG, DAD?!!!!!

Ryan: *looks down at body* Dammit! That wasn't supposed to... you weren't supposed to find out... aw, hell. You might as well know. I'm Lyle AND Ryan! AND a dragon night! AND the Dungeon Master! AND Battle Cat! AND I'm not just your father, I'm also your cousin, uncle and brother, too! I think!

Thea: *faints*

Bwahahaha!!! Good thing I wasn't sipping my coffee as I read this, or I'd have to wipe my computer screen. :lol:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Tanith » Wed Jun 9, '10, 3:51 am

Caged Wolf wrote:Now on crackship...I've never seen this in any fan thing, but I can see it working, somehow: Hahn/Demi?

How about them apples? :twisted:
Them apples made me do this: :o. Yet, I can see it working... somehow. I think it's because they're both excited about their work? Science? Brainiacs?

There's a Rhys/Wren ship on ff.net. :eyebrow:
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby black dahlia » Wed Jun 9, '10, 3:45 pm

Tanith wrote:There's a Rhys/Wren ship on ff.net. :eyebrow:

Now i just spat out my coffee. Seriously?
latest phanfiction: Silence is Beautiful Part One
black dahlia
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 23

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jun 9, '10, 6:47 pm

I've got some more gross pairings for you, and they are all actual fan-fics. And I read them all... ><

Wren and Chaz
Chaz and Rune...

(hooch bucket please....) Never again.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Tsunami » Wed Jun 9, '10, 7:32 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:I've got some more gross pairings for you, and they are all actual fan-fics. And I read them all... ><

Wren and Chaz
Chaz and Rune...

(hooch bucket please....) Never again.
I've read the Wren/Chaz pairing. At first I thought it would be icky (I'm not a yaoi fan), but it was written well and was...interesting. Especially since Chaz also had feelings for Rika, so it was something of a soap opera. =p So I won't say anything negative about it since I do respect that author and appreciate her work, since she was able to get me to read something with yaoi content with a bit more of an open mind. ^_^

Chaz and Rune, haven't seen any fic like that yet. Then again, I rarely lurk places like fanfiction.net anymore. :? I recall the Rhys/Wren thing and didn't care for that one too much, but it was an interesting alternative to the three girls in his life. =P
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jun 9, '10, 8:00 pm

I agree with Tsu. Yaoi isn't of great interest to me, but I also read the Chaz/Wren fic and I found it to be well written. When it comes to art, it's important to be subjective; to be able to critique a work effectively (art piece or literature) without letting your own personal bias get in the way is a very good thing. ;)
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Wed Jun 9, '10, 9:17 pm

black dahlia wrote:
Tanith wrote:There's a Rhys/Wren ship on ff.net. :eyebrow:

Now i just spat out my coffee. Seriously?
Yup. It's on one of the last pages of the PS section, I think. And for the record I don't have problems with yaoi/yuri pairings (or android pairings... I think it has its own name). I just thought the Rhys/Wren was especially cracky considering Wren's not one of Rhys's two love interests and because most people believe Wren to not be programmed with emotions. Not that that's canon, but most people think Mieu has human emotions and Wren, zilch. I'm not sure if I agree, though. After all, Wren has that one exclamation in Lashute when it's falling apart.

I've seen the Chaz/Wren story, but I haven't read it yet because I haven't had a large enough block of time to read it.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Rune_Walsh » Thu Jun 10, '10, 12:13 am

Tanith wrote: And for the record I don't have problems with yaoi/yuri pairings (or android pairings... I think it has its own name). I just thought the Rhys/Wren was especially cracky considering Wren's not one of Rhys's two love interests and because most people believe Wren to not be programmed with emotions. Not that that's canon, but most people think Mieu has human emotions and Wren, zilch. I'm not sure if I agree, though. After all, Wren has that one exclamation in Lashute when it's falling apart.

I see what you mean. I think it's that I've watched enough Outer Limits episodes, and then there's the emotion chip that Data had inserted in Star Trek Generations... so, in lieu of such examples, I'm open to the possibility of human/cyborg ships. I might think, "Hmm. Well, that is an um, odd pairing," but if it's well written, I might be able to visualize what the writer is illustrating. :wink:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Thu Jun 10, '10, 1:31 am

Whether or not the PS androids have emotions and to what extent could be an interesting thread... hmm...
Tanith
Palman
Palman

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Series