PS Character Shippings

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Re: PS Character Shippings

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jun 7, '10, 3:39 pm

Alys and Rune aaaalllll the waaaay. :D The characters in PS3 appeared dull, dead an lifeless to me. Which is why I only played the game once...

As for Chaz and Rika .... bleeeeaaaaah! Totally predicable and infantile.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Xander » Mon Jun 7, '10, 7:51 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:Alys and Rune aaaalllll the waaaay. :D The characters in PS3 appeared dull, dead an lifeless to me. Which is why I only played the game once...

Plus all the main PS III characters went all moustachio. I don't know why, but I always found that funny It's like they just took the picture of the character and drew one on. :lol:

I've never given this stuff much thought so I'd really just be agreeing with all the ones that came up in the games. Though I must admit I never really saw the Chaz and Rika thing coming until the end, though the whole Alys and Rune thing was pretty obvious. Though obviously there would have to be words about him not buggering off again, even if it was after Galf died. :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Tsunami » Mon Jun 7, '10, 8:32 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote:'Love this topic, and I love the answers others have shared! Tsunami, I have to use that quote, "More canon, yay!" sometime. :D
Go fot it! :D

PSI:
Noah and Alis FTW! *cough SPEC story Thoul mentions cough* Noah is not effeminate! He has long hair and is tall. That.Is.Hot. :D
Well, that is where Rune's basis for design came from... o:

PSIII:
Lena/Lyle. They're the first male/female Orakian/Layan friendship known in the series. And Lyle trusts her, enough to leave her in his kingdom with his royal family as he travels with Rhys.
I agree with that. ^^ I remember when I was younger and saw my older brother playing PSIII, I had presumed that Thea was Lyle and Lena's daughter...but then I saw Sari and was like "Oh." :p

Lena/Rhys, but only by marriage choice to produce NIAL. Personally, I think Rhys is a bit of a dunce who doesn't deserve the awesome Lena, but I digress.
I like Rhys, but I do agree with you. ^^;; I've always thought that he was infatuated with Maia, and in-game it seems like his quest is more of a 'sense of duty' kinda deal since either he's obligated to find Maia, or obligated to marry Lena for the sake of his kingdom.

Nial with Laya OR Alair, though I prefer to choose Laya ONLY because of Gwyn. ;)
Gwyn is the only reason to marry Laya. =P Unless you happen to like Adan, then, well...

Rune/Rika... because crackships are sooooo much fun.
I demand more crack. D:

Lyla2284 wrote:Alys and Rune aaaalllll the waaaay. :D The characters in PS3 appeared dull, dead an lifeless to me. Which is why I only played the game once...
I always liked the characters in PSIII. The lack of story allows one to use some imagination to fill in the blanks. ;)

I know I didn't see those two ending up together in the end when I played it years ago. How is their relationship infantile?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Tanith » Mon Jun 7, '10, 8:56 pm

black dahlia wrote:Shir x Kain. What? They're both fiesty, so why not?
Exactly! It's a classic rich girl/wrong-side-of-the-tracks boy pairing, too.

(Ironically, RW, that SPEC issue you mentioned is exactly why Lutz/Noah is bishi to me. :wink: )
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Rune_Walsh » Mon Jun 7, '10, 10:11 pm

Black Dahlia wrote:PSII; Rolf x Nei. Is that weird? Always saw him to protect her, not just because she's a numan but because he love her...
Lyle x Lena. Because they both like greeeen : D

Word and word. :lol:

Tanith wrote:(Ironically, RW, that SPEC issue you mentioned is exactly why Lutz/Noah is bishi to me. :wink: )

Bah, you never know -- underneath those robes may be one CUT hunka-man. :lol: I dunno. I find tall, long-haired men attractive. Even Rolf and Nial have some length to their locks. :D

Tsunami wrote: Well, that is where Rune's basis for design came from... o:

YES!!! *Fangirls*
Tsunami wrote:I agree with that. ^^ I remember when I was younger and saw my older brother playing PSIII, I had presumed that Thea was Lyle and Lena's daughter...but then I saw Sari and was like "Oh."

OMG! It can still happen! In fact, that is part of a fanfic that Darkil and I are sort of working on, if we even get on it... curse that procrastination...
Tsunami wrote:I like Rhys, but I do agree with you. ^^;; I've always thought that he was infatuated with Maia, and in-game it seems like his quest is more of a 'sense of duty' kinda deal since either he's obligated to find Maia, or obligated to marry Lena for the sake of his kingdom.

Exactly. I couldn't agree more with this statement. Rhys... ugh, Rhys. I love that he is a passionate one, y'know, in the Wesley/Dread Pirate Roberts sense, but to forsake your entire kingdom, family, friends for a woman with amnesia -- who doesn't know who she is and may someday turn out to be someone you don't like after all -- is really... capricious.
Tsunami wrote:Gwyn is the only reason to marry Laya. =P Unless you happen to like Adan, then, well...

Agreed! Adan is um, rather dull...
Tsunami wrote:I demand more crack. D:

:lol: Srsly, I need to update that fic... :rofl:
Tsunami wrote:I always liked the characters in PSIII. The lack of story allows one to use some imagination to fill in the blanks.

I agree! PSIII is a space opera. Isn't that how you put it, Tanith? Literally, it's "Days of Our Lives of Our Generations"! It is the game within the series that is MOST fun to speculate on, because there's so many loopholes.

Lyla2284 wrote:As for Chaz and Rika .... bleeeeaaaaah! Totally predicable and infantile.

I also have to respectfully disagree. The ending wasn't so predictable, but a nice conclusion; Chaz, who has lost Alys and THEN Rune (his only parental figures), isn't left alone after all. This is seemingly the antithesis of "infantile" actually, because it is the ultimate sign that he's no longer a kid, but a grown up who can now make it on his own (as Rune says himself in so many words). The same goes for Rika, who also lost her parent, SEED. I think it's awesome they ended up together, because, quite frankly, Chaz and Rika need each other. /end
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Tanith » Tue Jun 8, '10, 1:01 am

Rune_Walsh wrote:I agree! PSIII is a space opera. Isn't that how you put it, Tanith?
Hee! Yes, but I can't take credit for it. I call it a space opera because it fits under the category of "soft science fiction" (or SSF), or "space opera." It's science fiction, but it's less concerned with the "science" of what's going on than it is with the human drama taking place around it. This is VERY true of PSIII, which is, as you put it, Days of Our Lives in Space. :lol:

It would be fun to write a satire based on PSIII, complete with random soap opera slapping, affairs with cousins, unknown paternity of children, fake suicides and corporate takeovers (OK, maybe not the last bit).

As long as S.S. Crackship is in port, what shippings do you all think would be completely crazy? I'm with RW, I love a good crackship. I'm not opposed to yaoi/yuri shippings, but I can't see any of the PS characters going in these directions. The "Brokeback Motavia" thread a while ago has left my view of Rudo slightly scarred. I also can't find myself justifying any inter-species shippings (sorry, Gryz and Raja) or android shippings.

Anyway, my crackships:
Kyra/Hahn
Anna/Hugh
Rudo/Shir (I can't even... I have no idea how that would... never mind.)
Kain/Amy (Totally cracky!)
Ryan/Thea
Alair/Ayn
Lune/Sari
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Rune_Walsh » Tue Jun 8, '10, 1:49 am

Tanith wrote:
It would be fun to write a satire based on PSIII, complete with random soap opera slapping, affairs with cousins, unknown paternity of children, fake suicides and corporate takeovers (OK, maybe not the last bit).

Bwahaha! I love this idea. Count me in on this project!

Lena: "Rhys, the results of the paternity test are in! You ARE the father of Sari!"

Rhys: O_O

Maia: "Oh, Rhys, how could you!? *cries* Lena, you're a man-stealer!"

Lena: "Um, Rhys was engaged to me FIRST..."

Lyle: "Maia should have accepted MY engagement."

Lena: "On that note, Thea is OUR biological daughter."

Lyle: O_O

Crackship, galore!

I like:

Rune/Rika
Rhys/Mieu
Mieu/Wren
Lyle/Maia
Ryan/Thea
Lune/Thea
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Tanith » Tue Jun 8, '10, 4:38 am

BWAHAHA! Great skit, RW!

Ryan (in dragon form): And now I will reveal my TRUE identity to you, Thea... *starts transforming into human form... gets stuck with dragon arms and a tail, human head but with scales...still wearing sunglasses*

Thea: EWWWWWWWW!!

Ryan: No! Wait! I'm not finished! *focuses energy, transforms back into full dragon form, then transforms into Lyle*

Thea: *screams* OMG, DAD?!!!!!

Ryan: *looks down at body* Dammit! That wasn't supposed to... you weren't supposed to find out... aw, hell. You might as well know. I'm Lyle AND Ryan! AND a dragon night! AND the Dungeon Master! AND Battle Cat! AND I'm not just your father, I'm also your cousin, uncle and brother, too! I think!

Thea: *faints*
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Jun 8, '10, 10:36 am

Do you guys know there's an Alys/Chaz pairing on the net as well.... >< Now that is crackpot! As for Shorty and Rika, I saw their relationship coming a mile off. Hell, it was so obvious when Chaz was looking at her all so love-struck when she starting screaming at the flowers and the sky... :D
And after Alys died. Obviously apparent.

So yeah, that pairing didn't really surprise me. And I was 13 when I played PS4 for the first time. (9 years ago... wow. The memories). I think we should start a thread about our PS memories.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Solar » Tue Jun 8, '10, 12:47 pm

On my first run I didn't even notice there was anything going on between Chaz and Rika before the ending cutscene. I may have been blind, but the only event that could have been seen romantic between them was when you know, after Alys died. However, that was before I learned an important jrpg rule: If both the main character and a girl don't get sleep during night, they instantly fall in love.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Series