Page 1 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: PS Character Shippings
PostPosted: Wed Jun 2, '10, 4:24 am 
In a moment of pure "I can't believe I'm actually posting this" embarrassment, I'm curious: What characters do you think started relationships, if any at all?

C'mon, play along! Don't let me be the only one posting my nutty character shippings!

PSI:
No one. Alis is 15. The two male characters are in their late 20s. I would feel squicky shipping these characters unless it's like five years after their quest. Even then, neither seem like a good pairing with Alis. Odin's too much of a meat head, and Noah is too effeminate.

PSII:
Rolf: No one. Poor Rolf. Sorry, he just doesn't seem like a good fit with any of the main characters.
Rudo/Amy: Stop snickering. It happens. He takes the brunt of the damage during battles and she's the healer. That means the two spend gobs of time together. Plus, they balance each other well. He's a big, strong protecto-dude, and she's sweet and nurturing.
Shir has a brief fling with Kain before she comes to her senses (this is, of course, after Nei kicks the bucket).
Anna: No one.
Hugh: I think he has the hots for Anna but she's not interested.

PSIII:
I'm only focusing on the last generation because this game is like a weird, space-opera-meets-medieval-times matchmaker game, anyway.
Sean/Laya: I think Kara would be too domineering for Sean.
Aron/Laya: Otherwise it's cousin love. Blech.
Adan/Kara: Pretty much no other choice, but I think the two are well-suited, anyway.
Crys/Kara: An extreme love/hate relationship. Hot!

PSIV:
Rune/Alys: Yeah, it probably happened. Not much else to say.
Hahn: I think he might have developed some feelings for Alys before she died. He seemed awfully distant to Saya towards the end.
Chaz/Rika: Obviously. *yawn*
I don't really see any of the other characters starting relationships with each other.


Last edited by Tanith on Wed Jun 2, '10, 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
PostPosted: Wed Jun 2, '10, 5:17 am 
PSIV is all I can comment on. But I have to say...I disagree with you on Hahn. I think he and Saya probably got married and if he seemed distant, I think it was probably just because of the impending crisis with Alys's sickness and death. Of course Chaz and Rika happened, and I can't help but think Alys and Rune with an item at some point in their unexplained histories.

I dunno about others...but I've seen some things floating around that had Wren and Demi as a pair. I don't know I feel about that. >_> I even think I've seen a few Rune/Kyra things floating around the internet as well.


Top
PostPosted: Wed Jun 2, '10, 5:34 am 
Caged Wolf wrote:Wren and Demi as a pair. I don't know I feel about that. >_>
I hear ya. I'm torn, because Wren created Demi, and it's extremely odd that someone would program androids to... well, you know. Unless in they have the ability to develop human-like qualities over time? Then again, why would Wren purposely make a female android? And aren't they like almost two feet difference in height? Hmm...

Caged Wolf wrote:I even think I've seen a few Rune/Kyra things floating around the internet as well.
Whoa. That would be... Kyra's dream? Gettin' it on with Lutz? Although, she was pretty disappointed Rune turned out to be Lutz. Maybe she got over it. :wink:


Top
PostPosted: Wed Jun 2, '10, 6:51 am 
PSI: Alis/Myau - not in a romantic sense, but it's canon that they stuck together after the story. Lutz (other than that one SPEC story) and Odin pretty much just disappeared from her life. Myau at least stayed around for a while.

PSII: I tend to think of Amy and Hugh has having a chance to get together. They have the most in common, being students of the life sciences. Shir/Kain could work briefly, but they're both too wild to last.

PSIII: Sean - he's homeless after the adventure. He pretty much has to strike out on his own, go with Kara, or try to claim his connection to Landen royalty. Maybe he marries Sari?

As for PSIV, Kyra probably didn't have a solid romantic relationship. She knows the truth about Lutz, but can't share it with anyone outside the inner circle of Esper Mansion. In such a tight knit group as the Espers, that may make it hard for her to connect to others.


Top
PostPosted: Thu Jun 3, '10, 9:08 pm 
Tanith wrote:Aron/Laya: Otherwise it's cousin love. Blech.
Wasn't that the case for Maia/Lyle and Ayn/Thea, though? ;) Royalty does tend to intermarry.

Caged Wolf wrote:I dunno about others...but I've seen some things floating around that had Wren and Demi as a pair. I don't know I feel about that. >_>
I've seen that too, and I don't agree with it. Wren created Demi and I see them having a father/daughter relationship more than a romantic one. Plus, he praises her and she gets happy about it (like any child would). Not saying that Demi is childish in personality, but she is definitely cute like one. :D

But, I can only do PSIII shipping since I feel that canon is the best way to go with the others. That said, I don't see anything in PSI due to age differences (like Tanith mentioned ^_^).

PSII:
I read somewhere that Rolf/Anna were love interests, and Kain had a crush on Nei. Though, I think Rolf/Shir are interesting together. =p

PSIII:
Rhys/Lena - I like them together over Rhys/Maia (even if Rhys/Maia makes more sense in the end).
Nial/Alair - It's illogical. Still, I like it and prefer Alair over Laya (nothx Adan). ^_^
Ayn/Sari - Because it's Sari. And she kills things. And I like her. =D
Sean/? - I never thought too much about pairing up Sean with anyone. Either Kara or Laya works.
Crys/Kara - Love/hate, why not? (I agree with Tanith on this ^.^)
Adan/Kara - He has no other option, unless he went for some random chick in town. =P
Aron/? - Confuses me.

PSIV:
Chaz/Rika - C'mon. They're cute. ^_^
Hahn/Saya - More canon, yay!


Top
PostPosted: Thu Jun 3, '10, 10:25 pm 
Tsunami wrote:Wasn't that the case for Maia/Lyle and Ayn/Thea, though? ;) Royalty does tend to intermarry.
At least Ayn and Thea are second cousins, I guess? All the cousin love in PSIII is a little icky to me, regardless of its accuracy in a medieval setting. :ill:

Tsunami wrote:That said, I don't see anything in PSI due to age differences (like Tanith mentioned ^_^).
Yes, thank you. I've seen fanfic and fan art that hooks up Alis with either Odin or Lutz and all I can think is, "PLEASE let this be many years later." (For instance, I don't have any problems shipping Rudo with Amy and they have a significant age difference, but fortunately Amy's well into her 20s, not 15!)

Tsunami wrote:I read somewhere that Rolf/Anna were love interests...
It says in the compendium that Anna eventually regarded Rolf as a friend due to similar life circumstances, so I think it would be logical for some kind of romance to eventually develop between the two.

Tsunami wrote:Nial/Alair - It's illogical. Still, I like it and prefer Alair over Laya (nothx Adan). ^_^
Well, since we don't know what went on behind the scenes, maybe Nial spent more time than we're aware of with Alair before deciding to marry her. Or, maybe he was creeped out by Laya's permanent aura. I mean, that would be a little strange and take some getting used to. She still had it in Adan's opening cutscenes.

Tsunami wrote:Ayn/Sari - Because it's Sari. And she kills things. And I like her. =D
All right! Another Sari fan! Plus, Crys is awesome. :wink:

Tsunami wrote:Aron/? - Confuses me.
I've seen that, which stomps on my own notion that Aron and Kara were raised more like siblings. Seems like if Toyo Ozaki had more opportunity to flesh out the characters, she'd have Aron/Kara being groomed as partners from a very early age. *shudder* I'm going to go with my own notion that they're more like siblings. I also find it interesting that in that comic Laya says "your mothers are also fossils." So... Kara's mother is someone that also went through cryostasis along with Lune and Alair? :hmm:


Top
PostPosted: Fri Jun 4, '10, 1:45 am 
Tanith wrote:
Tsunami wrote:Aron/? - Confuses me.
I've seen that, which stomps on my own notion that Aron and Kara were raised more like siblings. Seems like if Toyo Ozaki had more opportunity to flesh out the characters, she'd have Aron/Kara being groomed as partners from a very early age. *shudder* I'm going to go with my own notion that they're more like siblings. I also find it interesting that in that comic Laya says "your mothers are also fossils." So... Kara's mother is someone that also went through cryostasis along with Lune and Alair? :hmm:
Well, there is also the one comic where all four 3rd generation heroes meet and Aron calls Kara "evil cousin Luna" (Luna being her name in the Japanese version), so that makes me think that he is afraid of her either way. =P


Top
PostPosted: Sat Jun 5, '10, 9:58 pm 
'Love this topic, and I love the answers others have shared! Tsunami, I have to use that quote, "More canon, yay!" sometime. :D

S'okay, my answers:

PSI:
Noah and Alis FTW! *cough SPEC story Thoul mentions cough* Noah is not effeminate! He has long hair and is tall. That.Is.Hot. :D

PSII:
I know, I know. It isn't really all that supported, but I am a shipper of Rolf/Nei. I blame it on the fan manga, so there.
I also like the Rolf/Anna pairing.

PSIII:
Lena/Lyle. They're the first male/female Orakian/Layan friendship known in the series. And Lyle trusts her, enough to leave her in his kingdom with his royal family as he travels with Rhys.

Lena/Rhys, but only by marriage choice to produce NIAL. Personally, I think Rhys is a bit of a dunce who doesn't deserve the awesome Lena, but I digress.

Nial with Laya OR Alair, though I prefer to choose Laya ONLY because of Gwyn. ;)

PSIV:
Rune and Alys, for reasons I've said over and over already. Tee. :D

Hahn/Saya and Chaz/Rika are the only canon pairings, and they're so sugary-sweet, like a shoujo anime. ;) I agree with Tanith that Hahn had a bit of a crush on Alys, hence my "Chemistry" fanfic... hehehe.

Rune/Rika... because crackships are sooooo much fun.


Top
PostPosted: Sun Jun 6, '10, 5:47 pm 
Rolf x Shir, Rhys x Maia and Alys x Rune for me.


Top
PostPosted: Sun Jun 6, '10, 6:40 pm 
PSI; no pairings as alys is fifteen, and noah and odin don't suit her.
PSII; Rolf x Nei. Is that weird? Always saw him to protect her, not just because she's a numan but because he love her...
Shir x Kain. What? They're both fiesty, so why not?

PSIII; Rhys x Mieu. Sorry but she was programmed to help him, but i can just see them together.
Sean x Mieu.
Lyle x Lena. Because they both like greeeen : D


Top
 Page 1 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: